Apr 22, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
I’m putting my bias up front here: I love Chicago-style pizza. More than New York style. More than authentic Italian style. More than Wolfgang Puck’s funky creations. I like and eat them all, I have no pizza hate in me (I’ve had pizza with duck on it), but if given my choice for my last meal and a lack of concern for my arteries, I go Chicago.
That doughy, gooey delicious pizza is a Chicago birthright, one they defend like it was the Iron Throne.
The Washington Wizards’ Bradley Beal has thrown down the pizza gauntlet in this series, as reported by pizza loving J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
“I can’t eat the fat pie, whatever it’s called, the deep dish pizza,” he said before Tuesday’s shootaround going into Game 2 with the Chicago Bulls. “I can’t eat that. I had the regular thin one. I didn’t eat a lot (of the deep dish). It’ll just sit there (in your stomach) and you’ll be in the bathroom for hours.”
Them’s fightin’ words.
You know Tom Thibodeau loves deep dish, just look at him.
Chicago needed to come out ready to fight already as they dropped Game 1 to the Wizards at home. Washington with a healthy Nene is both a rare and dangerous sight and the Bulls found out why in Game 1.
And now they have the honor of deep dish pizza to defend as well.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 82
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20