Apr 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Tyrone Corbin is out in Utah, and the Jazz will need a replacement.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
Don’t confuse him with Jim Boylan, who has twice become interim coach following the mid-season firing of Scott Skiles, once for with the Bucks and once with the Bulls. Boylan is a Cavaliers assistant.
Boylen is an assistant in San Antonio – where Lindsey was an assistant general manager – and previously served as the University of Utah’s head coach. His Utes went 69-60, making the NCAA tournament once in four years. But their record worsened during his last three seasons.
A couple decades as an NBA and college assistant gives Boylen plenty of experience, and working for Gregg Popovich always helps someone’s reputation. But there’s nothing about him that screams obvious NBA head coach. He’s the type who’d have to – and might – interview well to get the job.
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson swap 0
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 13
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36