Apr 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Tyrone Corbin is out in Utah, and the Jazz will need a replacement.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
Don’t confuse him with Jim Boylan, who has twice become interim coach following the mid-season firing of Scott Skiles, once for with the Bucks and once with the Bulls. Boylan is a Cavaliers assistant.
Boylen is an assistant in San Antonio – where Lindsey was an assistant general manager – and previously served as the University of Utah’s head coach. His Utes went 69-60, making the NCAA tournament once in four years. But their record worsened during his last three seasons.
A couple decades as an NBA and college assistant gives Boylen plenty of experience, and working for Gregg Popovich always helps someone’s reputation. But there’s nothing about him that screams obvious NBA head coach. He’s the type who’d have to – and might – interview well to get the job.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 18
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 36
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85