Apr 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Tyrone Corbin is out in Utah, and the Jazz will need a replacement.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
Don’t confuse him with Jim Boylan, who has twice become interim coach following the mid-season firing of Scott Skiles, once for with the Bucks and once with the Bulls. Boylan is a Cavaliers assistant.
Boylen is an assistant in San Antonio – where Lindsey was an assistant general manager – and previously served as the University of Utah’s head coach. His Utes went 69-60, making the NCAA tournament once in four years. But their record worsened during his last three seasons.
A couple decades as an NBA and college assistant gives Boylen plenty of experience, and working for Gregg Popovich always helps someone’s reputation. But there’s nothing about him that screams obvious NBA head coach. He’s the type who’d have to – and might – interview well to get the job.
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 1
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 9
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17