Apr 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Tyrone Corbin is out in Utah, and the Jazz will need a replacement.
Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports:
Don’t confuse him with Jim Boylan, who has twice become interim coach following the mid-season firing of Scott Skiles, once for with the Bucks and once with the Bulls. Boylan is a Cavaliers assistant.
Boylen is an assistant in San Antonio – where Lindsey was an assistant general manager – and previously served as the University of Utah’s head coach. His Utes went 69-60, making the NCAA tournament once in four years. But their record worsened during his last three seasons.
A couple decades as an NBA and college assistant gives Boylen plenty of experience, and working for Gregg Popovich always helps someone’s reputation. But there’s nothing about him that screams obvious NBA head coach. He’s the type who’d have to – and might – interview well to get the job.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16