Apr 21, 2014, 10:31 AM EST
It’s been a pretty good 24 hours for Manu Ginobili.
Yesterday afternoon, he scored 17 points off the bench in the Spurs’ Game 1 comeback win over the Mavericks.
This morning, his wife gave birth to their third son.
Ginobili is expected to practice today, according to Jeff McDonald of Spurs Nation. If there were ever a good time during the playoffs for Ginobili to take paternity leave, though, it’s now. The Spurs have won 10 straight and 14 of 16 against Dallas.
San Antonio obviously has bigger goals goals than a first-round win, but Ginobili has bigger things happening too. Should be a great and happy time for him.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16