Apr 21, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
It’s been a pretty good 24 hours for Manu Ginobili.
Yesterday afternoon, he scored 17 points off the bench in the Spurs’ Game 1 comeback win over the Mavericks.
This morning, his wife gave birth to their third son.
Ginobili is expected to practice today, according to Jeff McDonald of Spurs Nation. If there were ever a good time during the playoffs for Ginobili to take paternity leave, though, it’s now. The Spurs have won 10 straight and 14 of 16 against Dallas.
San Antonio obviously has bigger goals goals than a first-round win, but Ginobili has bigger things happening too. Should be a great and happy time for him.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 38
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18