Apr 21, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
It’s been a pretty good 24 hours for Manu Ginobili.
Yesterday afternoon, he scored 17 points off the bench in the Spurs’ Game 1 comeback win over the Mavericks.
This morning, his wife gave birth to their third son.
Ginobili is expected to practice today, according to Jeff McDonald of Spurs Nation. If there were ever a good time during the playoffs for Ginobili to take paternity leave, though, it’s now. The Spurs have won 10 straight and 14 of 16 against Dallas.
San Antonio obviously has bigger goals goals than a first-round win, but Ginobili has bigger things happening too. Should be a great and happy time for him.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20