Apr 21, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
It’s been a pretty good 24 hours for Manu Ginobili.
Yesterday afternoon, he scored 17 points off the bench in the Spurs’ Game 1 comeback win over the Mavericks.
This morning, his wife gave birth to their third son.
Ginobili is expected to practice today, according to Jeff McDonald of Spurs Nation. If there were ever a good time during the playoffs for Ginobili to take paternity leave, though, it’s now. The Spurs have won 10 straight and 14 of 16 against Dallas.
San Antonio obviously has bigger goals goals than a first-round win, but Ginobili has bigger things happening too. Should be a great and happy time for him.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 4
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 6
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10