Apr 21, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
It’s been a pretty good 24 hours for Manu Ginobili.
Yesterday afternoon, he scored 17 points off the bench in the Spurs’ Game 1 comeback win over the Mavericks.
This morning, his wife gave birth to their third son.
Ginobili is expected to practice today, according to Jeff McDonald of Spurs Nation. If there were ever a good time during the playoffs for Ginobili to take paternity leave, though, it’s now. The Spurs have won 10 straight and 14 of 16 against Dallas.
San Antonio obviously has bigger goals goals than a first-round win, but Ginobili has bigger things happening too. Should be a great and happy time for him.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 12
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 39
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19