Apr 21, 2014, 11:22 PM EST
Things looked bleak for Oklahoma City — down 5 with less than 20 seconds left, about to lose Game 2 at home. They needed a miracle.
That’s why you have Kevin Durant on the team.
He hit this completely ridiculous fade-away three to while fouled by Marc Gasol, which quickly made this a one-point game.
That and a missed free throw by Memphis gave Oklahoma City a chance to win or tie the game and send it to overtime… and they got another miracle not from the expected source of Russell Westbrook but rather Kendrick Perkins. Because of course.
It didn’t matter, even with Marc Gasol fouling out in overtime a night of fantastic offensive execution by the Grizzlies got them a 111-105 OT win.
- Wesley Matthew’s injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 10
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14