Apr 21, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
Things looked bleak for Oklahoma City — down 5 with less than 20 seconds left, about to lose Game 2 at home. They needed a miracle.
That’s why you have Kevin Durant on the team.
He hit this completely ridiculous fade-away three to while fouled by Marc Gasol, which quickly made this a one-point game.
That and a missed free throw by Memphis gave Oklahoma City a chance to win or tie the game and send it to overtime… and they got another miracle not from the expected source of Russell Westbrook but rather Kendrick Perkins. Because of course.
It didn’t matter, even with Marc Gasol fouling out in overtime a night of fantastic offensive execution by the Grizzlies got them a 111-105 OT win.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 9
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 6
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 28
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17