Apr 21, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
Things looked bleak for Oklahoma City — down 5 with less than 20 seconds left, about to lose Game 2 at home. They needed a miracle.
That’s why you have Kevin Durant on the team.
He hit this completely ridiculous fade-away three to while fouled by Marc Gasol, which quickly made this a one-point game.
That and a missed free throw by Memphis gave Oklahoma City a chance to win or tie the game and send it to overtime… and they got another miracle not from the expected source of Russell Westbrook but rather Kendrick Perkins. Because of course.
It didn’t matter, even with Marc Gasol fouling out in overtime a night of fantastic offensive execution by the Grizzlies got them a 111-105 OT win.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20