Apr 21, 2014, 11:22 PM EST
Things looked bleak for Oklahoma City — down 5 with less than 20 seconds left, about to lose Game 2 at home. They needed a miracle.
That’s why you have Kevin Durant on the team.
He hit this completely ridiculous fade-away three to while fouled by Marc Gasol, which quickly made this a one-point game.
That and a missed free throw by Memphis gave Oklahoma City a chance to win or tie the game and send it to overtime… and they got another miracle not from the expected source of Russell Westbrook but rather Kendrick Perkins. Because of course.
It didn’t matter, even with Marc Gasol fouling out in overtime a night of fantastic offensive execution by the Grizzlies got them a 111-105 OT win.
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 47
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 13
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5