Apr 20, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Pierce scored nine straight Nets points with under three minutes to play to carry his team to victory, and he wanted to make sure that everyone knew that those moments were the reason why Brooklyn traded for him last summer.
“That’s why they got me here,” Pierce exclaimed. And then, in the huddle: “That’s what I do!” — three times.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 18
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 66
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8