Apr 19, 2014, 1:50 AM EDT
UPDATE 4-19-2014: Craig Sager released this statement through Turner Sports:
“My favorite time of year – city to city, round by round, 40 games in 40 nights. A dramatic turn has matched me with acute myeloid leukemia. From the sidelines to being sidelined, 40 veins and 40 electrolytes. Too bad, I had some probing questions for Pop.”
4-17-2014: We may not see TNT’s brightly dressed Craig Sager on the NBA sidelines these playoffs, but we will be thinking of him.
Sager’s son tweeted this out Thursday (via Deadspin).
That timeline likely would mean little or no Sager on TNT’s NBA playoff broadcasts the next month.
Craig Sager II said that they just found out about the leukemia after being told his father was clear, and it was a gut check for the family. There was an outpouring of support for Sager and his family on twitter.
Our thoughts are with Sager and his family. I hope to be blinding by his suits on my television again soon.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 10
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 25
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9