Apr 19, 2014, 1:50 AM EDT
UPDATE 4-19-2014: Craig Sager released this statement through Turner Sports:
“My favorite time of year – city to city, round by round, 40 games in 40 nights. A dramatic turn has matched me with acute myeloid leukemia. From the sidelines to being sidelined, 40 veins and 40 electrolytes. Too bad, I had some probing questions for Pop.”
4-17-2014: We may not see TNT’s brightly dressed Craig Sager on the NBA sidelines these playoffs, but we will be thinking of him.
Sager’s son tweeted this out Thursday (via Deadspin).
That timeline likely would mean little or no Sager on TNT’s NBA playoff broadcasts the next month.
Craig Sager II said that they just found out about the leukemia after being told his father was clear, and it was a gut check for the family. There was an outpouring of support for Sager and his family on twitter.
Our thoughts are with Sager and his family. I hope to be blinding by his suits on my television again soon.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70