Apr 19, 2014, 1:50 AM EDT
UPDATE 4-19-2014: Craig Sager released this statement through Turner Sports:
“My favorite time of year – city to city, round by round, 40 games in 40 nights. A dramatic turn has matched me with acute myeloid leukemia. From the sidelines to being sidelined, 40 veins and 40 electrolytes. Too bad, I had some probing questions for Pop.”
4-17-2014: We may not see TNT’s brightly dressed Craig Sager on the NBA sidelines these playoffs, but we will be thinking of him.
Sager’s son tweeted this out Thursday (via Deadspin).
That timeline likely would mean little or no Sager on TNT’s NBA playoff broadcasts the next month.
Craig Sager II said that they just found out about the leukemia after being told his father was clear, and it was a gut check for the family. There was an outpouring of support for Sager and his family on twitter.
Our thoughts are with Sager and his family. I hope to be blinding by his suits on my television again soon.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17