Apr 19, 2014, 1:50 AM EDT
UPDATE 4-19-2014: Craig Sager released this statement through Turner Sports:
“My favorite time of year – city to city, round by round, 40 games in 40 nights. A dramatic turn has matched me with acute myeloid leukemia. From the sidelines to being sidelined, 40 veins and 40 electrolytes. Too bad, I had some probing questions for Pop.”
4-17-2014: We may not see TNT’s brightly dressed Craig Sager on the NBA sidelines these playoffs, but we will be thinking of him.
Sager’s son tweeted this out Thursday (via Deadspin).
That timeline likely would mean little or no Sager on TNT’s NBA playoff broadcasts the next month.
Craig Sager II said that they just found out about the leukemia after being told his father was clear, and it was a gut check for the family. There was an outpouring of support for Sager and his family on twitter.
Our thoughts are with Sager and his family. I hope to be blinding by his suits on my television again soon.
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 13
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 32
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 49
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28