Apr 19, 2014, 2:39 PM EDT
Raptors GM Masai Ujiri went above and beyond to hype up the crowd assembled outside before Toronto’s first home playoff game since 2008.
But he may have let the excitement get the best of him.
Yep — a spirited “F— Brooklyn!” was how Ujiri ended his remarks, and predictably, the crowd went nuts.
Ujiri spoke with reporters and offered an apology at halftime, but honestly, it was refreshing to see such a raw show of emotion from a high-ranking team official like this.
It remains to be seen, however, if the league office will choose to view it the same way.
[via SB Nation]
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8