Apr 19, 2014, 2:39 PM EST
Raptors GM Masai Ujiri went above and beyond to hype up the crowd assembled outside before Toronto’s first home playoff game since 2008.
But he may have let the excitement get the best of him.
Yep — a spirited “F— Brooklyn!” was how Ujiri ended his remarks, and predictably, the crowd went nuts.
Ujiri spoke with reporters and offered an apology at halftime, but honestly, it was refreshing to see such a raw show of emotion from a high-ranking team official like this.
It remains to be seen, however, if the league office will choose to view it the same way.
[via SB Nation]
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 5
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9