Apr 19, 2014, 2:39 PM EST
Raptors GM Masai Ujiri went above and beyond to hype up the crowd assembled outside before Toronto’s first home playoff game since 2008.
But he may have let the excitement get the best of him.
Yep — a spirited “F— Brooklyn!” was how Ujiri ended his remarks, and predictably, the crowd went nuts.
Ujiri spoke with reporters and offered an apology at halftime, but honestly, it was refreshing to see such a raw show of emotion from a high-ranking team official like this.
It remains to be seen, however, if the league office will choose to view it the same way.
[via SB Nation]
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 0
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13