Apr 19, 2014, 2:39 PM EDT
Raptors GM Masai Ujiri went above and beyond to hype up the crowd assembled outside before Toronto’s first home playoff game since 2008.
But he may have let the excitement get the best of him.
Yep — a spirited “F— Brooklyn!” was how Ujiri ended his remarks, and predictably, the crowd went nuts.
Ujiri spoke with reporters and offered an apology at halftime, but honestly, it was refreshing to see such a raw show of emotion from a high-ranking team official like this.
It remains to be seen, however, if the league office will choose to view it the same way.
[via SB Nation]
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4