Apr 19, 2014, 2:39 PM EDT
Raptors GM Masai Ujiri went above and beyond to hype up the crowd assembled outside before Toronto’s first home playoff game since 2008.
But he may have let the excitement get the best of him.
Yep — a spirited “F— Brooklyn!” was how Ujiri ended his remarks, and predictably, the crowd went nuts.
Ujiri spoke with reporters and offered an apology at halftime, but honestly, it was refreshing to see such a raw show of emotion from a high-ranking team official like this.
It remains to be seen, however, if the league office will choose to view it the same way.
[via SB Nation]
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 3
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 12
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5