Apr 19, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
The reality is eight seeds almost never beat one seeds. That trend is not likely to change this season.
Julie Donaldson joins us for the latest PBT Extra where we discuss the top seeds in both conferences. After the Spurs have beaten the Mavericks nine straight meetings it’s hard to imagine Dallas coming out of that series on top.
You can construct a scenario where the struggling Pacers lose a couple of games early and their troubles snowball… except they are against a Hawks team that without Al Horford just isn’t that big a threat. If Indiana had to face Dallas it might have been different, but that’s not the rules.
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 0
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 16
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18