Apr 19, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
The reality is eight seeds almost never beat one seeds. That trend is not likely to change this season.
Julie Donaldson joins us for the latest PBT Extra where we discuss the top seeds in both conferences. After the Spurs have beaten the Mavericks nine straight meetings it’s hard to imagine Dallas coming out of that series on top.
You can construct a scenario where the struggling Pacers lose a couple of games early and their troubles snowball… except they are against a Hawks team that without Al Horford just isn’t that big a threat. If Indiana had to face Dallas it might have been different, but that’s not the rules.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 62
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13