Apr 19, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
The reality is eight seeds almost never beat one seeds. That trend is not likely to change this season.
Julie Donaldson joins us for the latest PBT Extra where we discuss the top seeds in both conferences. After the Spurs have beaten the Mavericks nine straight meetings it’s hard to imagine Dallas coming out of that series on top.
You can construct a scenario where the struggling Pacers lose a couple of games early and their troubles snowball… except they are against a Hawks team that without Al Horford just isn’t that big a threat. If Indiana had to face Dallas it might have been different, but that’s not the rules.
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 17
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1
- PBT Podcast: The top guys to watch as NBA free agency tips off 1
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 23
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 20
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 31
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27