Apr 19, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
The reality is eight seeds almost never beat one seeds. That trend is not likely to change this season.
Julie Donaldson joins us for the latest PBT Extra where we discuss the top seeds in both conferences. After the Spurs have beaten the Mavericks nine straight meetings it’s hard to imagine Dallas coming out of that series on top.
You can construct a scenario where the struggling Pacers lose a couple of games early and their troubles snowball… except they are against a Hawks team that without Al Horford just isn’t that big a threat. If Indiana had to face Dallas it might have been different, but that’s not the rules.
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 5
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 16
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 22
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 43