Nash to Nowitzki: ‘What would you do if you were me? Would you come back?’ Dirk: ‘I’m not sure, bro.’ (VIDEO)
Apr 19, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
In the fourth installment of the fantastic Grantland documentary chronicling Steve Nash‘s season with the Lakers, we’re invited to a private conversation between Nash and his longtime friend and former teammate, Dirk Nowitzki.
The greatness of this series lies in its honesty, and beginning at the 8:40 mark of the video clip above, Nash asks his friend a difficult question.
“What would you do if you were me,” Nash asks Nowitzki. “Would you come back?”
“I’m not sure, bro,” Nowitzki says, after clearly struggling for a moment with his answer. “I’m honest. What you go through, all that treatment, in and out [of the lineup]. I don’t know if I could do it.”
There’s more, and it seems obvious that Nowitzki wouldn’t go through all that Nash continues to just to try and extend his career for what may only be a few more games.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 17
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 25
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14