Nash to Nowitzki: ‘What would you do if you were me? Would you come back?’ Dirk: ‘I’m not sure, bro.’ (VIDEO)
Apr 19, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
In the fourth installment of the fantastic Grantland documentary chronicling Steve Nash‘s season with the Lakers, we’re invited to a private conversation between Nash and his longtime friend and former teammate, Dirk Nowitzki.
The greatness of this series lies in its honesty, and beginning at the 8:40 mark of the video clip above, Nash asks his friend a difficult question.
“What would you do if you were me,” Nash asks Nowitzki. “Would you come back?”
“I’m not sure, bro,” Nowitzki says, after clearly struggling for a moment with his answer. “I’m honest. What you go through, all that treatment, in and out [of the lineup]. I don’t know if I could do it.”
There’s more, and it seems obvious that Nowitzki wouldn’t go through all that Nash continues to just to try and extend his career for what may only be a few more games.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 2
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 32
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 23
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12