Nash to Nowitzki: ‘What would you do if you were me? Would you come back?’ Dirk: ‘I’m not sure, bro.’ (VIDEO)
Apr 19, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
In the fourth installment of the fantastic Grantland documentary chronicling Steve Nash‘s season with the Lakers, we’re invited to a private conversation between Nash and his longtime friend and former teammate, Dirk Nowitzki.
The greatness of this series lies in its honesty, and beginning at the 8:40 mark of the video clip above, Nash asks his friend a difficult question.
“What would you do if you were me,” Nash asks Nowitzki. “Would you come back?”
“I’m not sure, bro,” Nowitzki says, after clearly struggling for a moment with his answer. “I’m honest. What you go through, all that treatment, in and out [of the lineup]. I don’t know if I could do it.”
There’s more, and it seems obvious that Nowitzki wouldn’t go through all that Nash continues to just to try and extend his career for what may only be a few more games.
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 0
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 8
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 37
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 34
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 58
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43