Nash to Nowitzki: ‘What would you do if you were me? Would you come back?’ Dirk: ‘I’m not sure, bro.’ (VIDEO)
Apr 19, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
In the fourth installment of the fantastic Grantland documentary chronicling Steve Nash‘s season with the Lakers, we’re invited to a private conversation between Nash and his longtime friend and former teammate, Dirk Nowitzki.
The greatness of this series lies in its honesty, and beginning at the 8:40 mark of the video clip above, Nash asks his friend a difficult question.
“What would you do if you were me,” Nash asks Nowitzki. “Would you come back?”
“I’m not sure, bro,” Nowitzki says, after clearly struggling for a moment with his answer. “I’m honest. What you go through, all that treatment, in and out [of the lineup]. I don’t know if I could do it.”
There’s more, and it seems obvious that Nowitzki wouldn’t go through all that Nash continues to just to try and extend his career for what may only be a few more games.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 42
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 88
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 57
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59