Apr 19, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
As he was watching the replay of his final foul on the sidelines, he appeared to raise his arms up in reaction to what he saw, which caused him to (inadvertently?) dump a cup of water on a Warriors fan behind him sitting courtside.
There’s no way this wasn’t intentional.
“I didn’t know what I did, but it wasn’t full,” Griffin said afterward. “I apologize. It was water.”
The more you watch the clip, the more it seems like a calculated move by Griffin to douse the man in the yellow t-shirt. He didn’t just forget the cup was in his hands, and the way the water spills out perfectly in the direction of the fan makes you wonder if something was said that triggered Griffin’s reaction.
[via Tyler Lashbrook]
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 16
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 20
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2