Apr 19, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
As he was watching the replay of his final foul on the sidelines, he appeared to raise his arms up in reaction to what he saw, which caused him to (inadvertently?) dump a cup of water on a Warriors fan behind him sitting courtside.
There’s no way this wasn’t intentional.
“I didn’t know what I did, but it wasn’t full,” Griffin said afterward. “I apologize. It was water.”
The more you watch the clip, the more it seems like a calculated move by Griffin to douse the man in the yellow t-shirt. He didn’t just forget the cup was in his hands, and the way the water spills out perfectly in the direction of the fan makes you wonder if something was said that triggered Griffin’s reaction.
[via Tyler Lashbrook]
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 0
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 33
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11