Apr 19, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
As he was watching the replay of his final foul on the sidelines, he appeared to raise his arms up in reaction to what he saw, which caused him to (inadvertently?) dump a cup of water on a Warriors fan behind him sitting courtside.
There’s no way this wasn’t intentional.
“I didn’t know what I did, but it wasn’t full,” Griffin said afterward. “I apologize. It was water.”
The more you watch the clip, the more it seems like a calculated move by Griffin to douse the man in the yellow t-shirt. He didn’t just forget the cup was in his hands, and the way the water spills out perfectly in the direction of the fan makes you wonder if something was said that triggered Griffin’s reaction.
[via Tyler Lashbrook]
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14