Apr 19, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
As he was watching the replay of his final foul on the sidelines, he appeared to raise his arms up in reaction to what he saw, which caused him to (inadvertently?) dump a cup of water on a Warriors fan behind him sitting courtside.
There’s no way this wasn’t intentional.
“I didn’t know what I did, but it wasn’t full,” Griffin said afterward. “I apologize. It was water.”
The more you watch the clip, the more it seems like a calculated move by Griffin to douse the man in the yellow t-shirt. He didn’t just forget the cup was in his hands, and the way the water spills out perfectly in the direction of the fan makes you wonder if something was said that triggered Griffin’s reaction.
[via Tyler Lashbrook]
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42