Apr 18, 2014, 4:19 PM EDT
Coins were flipped… well, not exactly. Random numbers were drawn and… I know you don’t want the details. I promised there would be no math.
Here’s what you want to know: Who won the tiebreakers for the NBA Draft and Draft Lottery:
• Utah (25-57) won a tiebreaker with Boston.
• Brooklyn (44-38) won a tiebreaker with Washington.
• Chicago (48-34) won a tiebreaker with Toronto.
• Portland (54-28) won a tiebreaker with Miami and Houston; Houston then won a tie-breaker with Miami.
Here’s what that really means — the NBA Draft Lottery odds:
• Milwaukee 25%
• Philadelphia 19.9%
• Orlando 15.6%
• Utah 10.4%
• Boston 10.3%
• LA Lakers 6.3%
• Sacramento 4.3%
• Detroit (possibly to Charlotte) 2.8%
• Cleveland 1.7%
• New Orleans (possibly to Philadelphia) 1.1%
• Denver (possibly to Orlando) 0.8%
• Denver or Orlando (via New York and Denver) 0.7%
• Minnesota (possibly to Phoenix) 0.6%
• Phoenix 0.5%
Once you get through the lottery here is the draft order:
16. Chicago (via Charlotte)
17. Boston (via Brooklyn
18. Phoenix (via Washington)
21. Oklahoma City (via Dallas, Houston and LA Lakers)
23. Utah (via Golden State)
24. Charlotte (via Portland)
27. Phoenix (via Indiana)
28. LA Clippers
29. Oklahoma City
30. San Antonio
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23