Toronto puts together fantastic playoffs preview video

Apr 17, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT

The Raptors are back in the playoffs and a lot of fans south of the border don’t realize just how big a fan base the Raptors have. There are a lot of them and they are passionate.

And they are pumped for the playoffs. The Raptors put out this video to fuel that fire.

The Raptors vs. Nets first round series is going to be one of the better first round matchups — three of their four meetings this season were decided by four points or fewer. The last meeting was one of tighter, more entertaining games of the season (won by the Nets as the Raptors struggled to cover the Nets smaller lineup with Paul Pierce at the four). This could go seven games.

Raptors fans may have thought their team was tanking before the season started, but now they can smell the second round.

1. sboles32 - Apr 17, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Just a quick correction, this is not narrated by Drake.

2. andreboy1 - Apr 17, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Drake is not a rapper. He’s a soft R&B singer.

3. djshnooks - Apr 17, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Surprised the NBA isn’t selling this first round as “Jay-Z vs. Drake!”

At least it’s not Lil Wayne!

Being a Bills and Sabres fan, I’ve always wanted to root for a team near here, because I hate everything Boston, but Larry Bird got me hooked on the Celtics. (More so because I am Irish, lol.)

I wanna find a new team to root for…I would root for the Raptors, but I hate Toronto as much as Boston. Idk what to do.

I love Melo, Knicks suck.

I love KG and Pierce, as well as everything Brooklyn, but I’m not sure they can be good for very long with the absurd owner they have…nor will Kidd be a good long-term coach once he loses KG and Pierce.

I like the Clippers because they are not the Lakers and because of Doc…but they are on the west coast.

I’m lost for a new team to root for. Help? lol.

• shanelsweet - Apr 17, 2014 at 7:35 PM

Root for the Bullets to beat the Bulls.

• davidly - Apr 18, 2014 at 4:27 AM

Root for the Pacers. They need your support because a load of their newest fans have been leaving them as if they were rats fleeing a sinking ship — and nobody likes rats.

Plus Jim Nabors is singing ‘Back Home Again’ at the Indy 500 for his very last time this May and the Westboro freaks are gonna be protesting it. They may as well be protesting Andy and Barney!

• jimeejohnson - Apr 18, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Gomer’s Pile.

4. Awol.West - Apr 17, 2014 at 9:36 PM

Drizzy YMCMB. He won’t talk up on jay-z, like he says about Weezy that’s the boss don’t get sent for.

5. campcouch - Apr 18, 2014 at 2:27 AM

I must have watched the wrong video. Where was Drake mentioned? Hahaaa,dunking dinosaur!

6. canadatude - Apr 18, 2014 at 7:13 AM

Andre-boy(baby) is a wanna-bee rapper. Could even be a Nets fan. Latest news is they both going down.

7. jimeejohnson - Apr 18, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Rap’s better after a huge crack hit.

8. theworkhorsebackdotcom - Apr 18, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Raptors/Canada vs the World hype video…. not bad

The Husky in the package, being a nod to that older franchise is a nice touch

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches