Apr 16, 2014, 2:42 AM EST
Our quick look around the NBA, or what you missed while thinking you may not eat cod for a while…
Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers. The Clippers raced out to a 13-0 lead against the Nuggets and never looked back and CP3 was at the front of that with 13 points of his own in the first quarter. Doc Rivers said after the game he had thought about resting his stars for this one but they told him they wanted to play, that they wanted to chase the No. 2 seed (the Clippers are still alive for that, if they beat the Blazers Wednesday and the Thunder loses to the Pistons, which is not likely, the Clips get the No. 2 slot). Can’t blame Rivers for resting CP3 in the fourth, Paul still had 21 points and 10 assists, looking ready for the playoffs.
New York Knicks timing. Really? Now? The Knicks are 2-0 since being eliminated from the playoffs and played some of the most relaxed, free flowing, exciting basketball of their season Tuesday night in beating the Nets in Brooklyn. Tim Hardaway Jr. had 16 points off the bench. The Knicks defense forced 19 Nets turnovers, which got them out and running for highlight plays. The offense showed balance with Amar’e Stoudemire, J.R. Smith and Shannon Brown each scoring 14 points. Really? Now?
J.J. Redick, Los Angeles Clippers.This was his best game by far since returning from injury. This is the J.J. Redick the Clippers need in the playoffs. He was effortlessly gliding into the open spots on the arc and knocking down shots when he got the ball (4-of-6 from three). His defensive effort was there. This was a very good sign, because it is most likely the Clippers face Golden State in the first round and Redick will face off against Klay Thompson. The Clippers need this Redick in that series.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 0
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13