Apr 16, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
It came down to overtime in Memphis, and it good a game winning dunk from your future MVP Kevin Durant, but finally the playoff match ups are set in the NBA playoffs.
This is going to be fun.
Here they are (when we have the schedules for the series we will pass those along):
1. Indiana Pacers vs. 8. Atlanta Hawks
2. Miami Heat vs. 7. Charlotte Bobcats
3. Toronto Raptors vs. 6. Brooklyn Nets
4. Chicago Bulls vs. 5. Washington Wizards
The Nets lost two games in two nights and suddenly end up with the Raptors instead of the Bulls. Decide for yourself if that’s coincidence.
1. San Antonio Spurs vs. 8. Dallas Mavericks
2. Oklahoma City Thunder vs. 7. Memphis Grizzlies
3. Los Angeles Clippers vs. 6. Golden State Warriors
4. Houston Rockets vs. 5. Portland Trail Blazers
Oklahoma City cannot be happy to see Memphis in the first round. Sure the Thunder likely win that series, but they are going to play five or more very physical games to do it. They will get banged up then likely see the Clippers.
Kobe Bryant on Julius Randle playing with Kobe, for Byron Scott: ‘If you f— this up, you’re a really big idiot’
Oct 23, 2014, 12:15 AM EDT
Lakers star likes dropping I bombs
Oct 22, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
No charges have been filed.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
J Crossover up close and personal.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
Rockets downgraded Parsons, but he’ll have a chance to reach new heights with Mavericks
Oct 22, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
Lakers forward also says he’s quit drinking alcohol
Oct 22, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Stephen Curry takes advantage
Oct 22, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
Phil Jackson has spoken to the media more than the previous three GMs ever did, I think.
Oct 22, 2014, 5:16 PM EDT
“ We still have roughly a third of our teams that are not profitable under the current system, despite revenue sharing.” —Adam Silver
Oct 22, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Oddest vote of the survey — 10.7 percent of GMs thought Chicago had a better offseason than Cleveland.
Jeff Van Gundy: Confusing a system (like the Triangle Offense) with reason for success is ‘a huge mistake’
Oct 22, 2014, 3:42 PM EDT
Van Gundy says players are responsible for wins and losses, not systems — like the one Phil Jackson is bringing to the Knicks this season.
Oct 22, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
This could be the year a big man breaks the string of guards winning the award.
Oct 22, 2014, 2:13 PM EDT
Pierce played 15 years for the Celtics, but is now with his second new team in as many seasons with the Wizards.
Oct 22, 2014, 1:29 PM EDT
Boston is hoping to get an asset in return for Bynum instead of simply waiving him.
Oct 22, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Oct 22, 2014, 12:04 PM EDT
There are plenty more interesting tidbits in the league’s annual survey.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:23 AM EDT
It may come up again, but for one more season at least Philadelphia’s uber-tanking system will pay dividends.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
In addition to losing its two best playmakers in the offseason. Indiana has struggled with injuries.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
This is a team where winning 50 games and exiting in the first round would feel like a big disappointment.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Inadvertent collision resulted in Kaman needing stitches in the back of his head.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Raptors point guards clicked when playing together
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23