Apr 15, 2014, 1:40 PM EST
In 2007, Luol Deng was named a finalist for the Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award. The honor ultimately went to Steve Nash, but today, Deng received the honor.
Cle L Deng named 13-14 winner of the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award by the PBWA for outstanding service and dedication to the community
In Chicago, Cleveland and abroad, Deng has made a mark for being generous his time and thoughtful with his contributions.
He’ll be a free agent after this season and whatever team he winds up with, the local community will be lucky to have him.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 0
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3