Apr 15, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
In 2007, Luol Deng was named a finalist for the Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award. The honor ultimately went to Steve Nash, but today, Deng received the honor.
Cle L Deng named 13-14 winner of the J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award by the PBWA for outstanding service and dedication to the community
In Chicago, Cleveland and abroad, Deng has made a mark for being generous his time and thoughtful with his contributions.
He’ll be a free agent after this season and whatever team he winds up with, the local community will be lucky to have him.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18