Apr 15, 2014, 11:46 PM EDT
The rivalry between the Knicks and the Nets took a bit of a rest in the final meeting between the teams on Tuesday, mainly due to the fact that there was almost nothing at stake.
With playoff fates already determined and Carmelo Anthony out for New York, the only thing happening was guys playing for individual pride. And that seemed much more important to the young Knicks players than it was to the aging Nets who will begin the postseason shortly.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37