Apr 15, 2014, 1:07 PM EST
It was just a fender bender, the good news is nobody got hurt.
However, Chandler Parsons was delayed getting to the Toyota Center for the Rockets game Monday when he got into an accident.
And then the other driver found out who he was and… I will let Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle tell the story.
A driver outside Toyota Center ran a red light and hit Parsons’ SUV near the entrance to the loading dock. Parsons said he and driver were not hurt, though it made him a few minutes late for treatment before shooting to see if he would be cleared to play.
“She said she ran a red light and it was her fault,” Parsons said. “She had a little car so it kind of messed up the front bumper of my car. She was OK. Asked me to sign her insurance card.”
This is where she was lucky she didn’t run into J.R. Smith basically driving around in a tank.
Parsons was just fine — he scored 21 points and had seven rebounds and four assists as the Rockets beat the Spurs 104-98 to secure home court advantage in the first round against Portland.
Hat tip to Lang of NBA.com’s All Ball blog, who has way better Houston traffic stories than that one.
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 21
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 12
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 52
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28