Apr 15, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
It was just a fender bender, the good news is nobody got hurt.
However, Chandler Parsons was delayed getting to the Toyota Center for the Rockets game Monday when he got into an accident.
And then the other driver found out who he was and… I will let Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle tell the story.
A driver outside Toyota Center ran a red light and hit Parsons’ SUV near the entrance to the loading dock. Parsons said he and driver were not hurt, though it made him a few minutes late for treatment before shooting to see if he would be cleared to play.
“She said she ran a red light and it was her fault,” Parsons said. “She had a little car so it kind of messed up the front bumper of my car. She was OK. Asked me to sign her insurance card.”
This is where she was lucky she didn’t run into J.R. Smith basically driving around in a tank.
Parsons was just fine — he scored 21 points and had seven rebounds and four assists as the Rockets beat the Spurs 104-98 to secure home court advantage in the first round against Portland.
Hat tip to Lang of NBA.com’s All Ball blog, who has way better Houston traffic stories than that one.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 39
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 16
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 33
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20