Apr 15, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
It was just a fender bender, the good news is nobody got hurt.
However, Chandler Parsons was delayed getting to the Toyota Center for the Rockets game Monday when he got into an accident.
And then the other driver found out who he was and… I will let Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle tell the story.
A driver outside Toyota Center ran a red light and hit Parsons’ SUV near the entrance to the loading dock. Parsons said he and driver were not hurt, though it made him a few minutes late for treatment before shooting to see if he would be cleared to play.
“She said she ran a red light and it was her fault,” Parsons said. “She had a little car so it kind of messed up the front bumper of my car. She was OK. Asked me to sign her insurance card.”
This is where she was lucky she didn’t run into J.R. Smith basically driving around in a tank.
Parsons was just fine — he scored 21 points and had seven rebounds and four assists as the Rockets beat the Spurs 104-98 to secure home court advantage in the first round against Portland.
Hat tip to Lang of NBA.com’s All Ball blog, who has way better Houston traffic stories than that one.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 16
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15