Apr 15, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
It was just a fender bender, the good news is nobody got hurt.
However, Chandler Parsons was delayed getting to the Toyota Center for the Rockets game Monday when he got into an accident.
And then the other driver found out who he was and… I will let Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle tell the story.
A driver outside Toyota Center ran a red light and hit Parsons’ SUV near the entrance to the loading dock. Parsons said he and driver were not hurt, though it made him a few minutes late for treatment before shooting to see if he would be cleared to play.
“She said she ran a red light and it was her fault,” Parsons said. “She had a little car so it kind of messed up the front bumper of my car. She was OK. Asked me to sign her insurance card.”
This is where she was lucky she didn’t run into J.R. Smith basically driving around in a tank.
Parsons was just fine — he scored 21 points and had seven rebounds and four assists as the Rockets beat the Spurs 104-98 to secure home court advantage in the first round against Portland.
Hat tip to Lang of NBA.com’s All Ball blog, who has way better Houston traffic stories than that one.
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 0
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 8
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7