Apr 15, 2014, 12:45 AM EDT
Washington had already won, knocking off a shorthanded and disinterested Heat team. Charlotte has dreams of the six seed (and avoiding the Heat in the first round) but to do that they had to come from behind against Atlanta on Monday night.
They did thanks to Chris Douglas-Roberts‘ game winner.
CDR has scored about 6.8 points a game this season and has become better known for his hair, but ever since college he has been a guy able to score on awkward shots. He did that here. He was not the intended target on this play — notice the Hawks left the inbounder open to double team Al Jefferson — and eventually Douglas-Roberts pops out up top off a screen, has enough time to dribble into the lane and put up a floater.
With the win the Bobcats remain one game back of Wizards for the six seed and it’s a longshot they get it even though the Bobcats have the tie breaker. Wednesday night the Bobcats would have to beat the Bulls and the Wizards would have to fall to Boston for Charlotte to get the tie they need. Not likely.
But CDR keeps hope alive for a couple more days.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29