Apr 15, 2014, 12:45 AM EDT
Washington had already won, knocking off a shorthanded and disinterested Heat team. Charlotte has dreams of the six seed (and avoiding the Heat in the first round) but to do that they had to come from behind against Atlanta on Monday night.
They did thanks to Chris Douglas-Roberts‘ game winner.
CDR has scored about 6.8 points a game this season and has become better known for his hair, but ever since college he has been a guy able to score on awkward shots. He did that here. He was not the intended target on this play — notice the Hawks left the inbounder open to double team Al Jefferson — and eventually Douglas-Roberts pops out up top off a screen, has enough time to dribble into the lane and put up a floater.
With the win the Bobcats remain one game back of Wizards for the six seed and it’s a longshot they get it even though the Bobcats have the tie breaker. Wednesday night the Bobcats would have to beat the Bulls and the Wizards would have to fall to Boston for Charlotte to get the tie they need. Not likely.
But CDR keeps hope alive for a couple more days.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15