Apr 15, 2014, 6:43 PM EST
And that was the end of his season.
Anthony has a small tear in his labrum and will not play in the team’s final two games of the season (including Tuesday night vs. Brooklyn). Surgery is not required and he will be re-evaluated in a month, the Knicks reported.
If it really is minor this will not impact his pending free agency and he should be ready to go next season. Wherever he plays.
Anthony averaged 27.4 points a game playing just shy of 39 minutes a game, carrying a heavy load in the Knicks offense — he had a usage rate of 32.4, third highest in the NBA (Kevin Durant and DeMarcus Cousins).
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 40
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31