Apr 15, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
And that was the end of his season.
Anthony has a small tear in his labrum and will not play in the team’s final two games of the season (including Tuesday night vs. Brooklyn). Surgery is not required and he will be re-evaluated in a month, the Knicks reported.
If it really is minor this will not impact his pending free agency and he should be ready to go next season. Wherever he plays.
Anthony averaged 27.4 points a game playing just shy of 39 minutes a game, carrying a heavy load in the Knicks offense — he had a usage rate of 32.4, third highest in the NBA (Kevin Durant and DeMarcus Cousins).
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 3
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1