Apr 15, 2014, 6:43 PM EST
And that was the end of his season.
Anthony has a small tear in his labrum and will not play in the team’s final two games of the season (including Tuesday night vs. Brooklyn). Surgery is not required and he will be re-evaluated in a month, the Knicks reported.
If it really is minor this will not impact his pending free agency and he should be ready to go next season. Wherever he plays.
Anthony averaged 27.4 points a game playing just shy of 39 minutes a game, carrying a heavy load in the Knicks offense — he had a usage rate of 32.4, third highest in the NBA (Kevin Durant and DeMarcus Cousins).
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 26
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 39
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28