Apr 15, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
And that was the end of his season.
Anthony has a small tear in his labrum and will not play in the team’s final two games of the season (including Tuesday night vs. Brooklyn). Surgery is not required and he will be re-evaluated in a month, the Knicks reported.
If it really is minor this will not impact his pending free agency and he should be ready to go next season. Wherever he plays.
Anthony averaged 27.4 points a game playing just shy of 39 minutes a game, carrying a heavy load in the Knicks offense — he had a usage rate of 32.4, third highest in the NBA (Kevin Durant and DeMarcus Cousins).
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 16
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 20
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48