Apr 15, 2014, 6:43 PM EDT
And that was the end of his season.
Anthony has a small tear in his labrum and will not play in the team’s final two games of the season (including Tuesday night vs. Brooklyn). Surgery is not required and he will be re-evaluated in a month, the Knicks reported.
If it really is minor this will not impact his pending free agency and he should be ready to go next season. Wherever he plays.
Anthony averaged 27.4 points a game playing just shy of 39 minutes a game, carrying a heavy load in the Knicks offense — he had a usage rate of 32.4, third highest in the NBA (Kevin Durant and DeMarcus Cousins).
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. But he liked what LeBron did. 10
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 38
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 20
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 18
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 70