Apr 14, 2014, 8:44 AM EST
This is why I can’t wait for the playoffs, more games like this.
Portland locked up the fifth seed in the West (and a likely date with Houston) with a 119-117 overtime win. The game had everything — 47 points from Stephen Curry, LaMarcus Aldridge making plays, Wes Mathews making circus shots, Klay Thompson knocking down shots, and of course a step back three from Draymond Green to send the game into overtime. It was brilliant
Golden State had their chances (particularly thanks to Damian Lillard‘s odd chose to go early in the shot clock on the penultimate possession of the game), but Andre Iguodala missed a good look at a three to win it and Portland hangs
The Warriors seem destined to meet the Clippers in the first round — that will be the best series of any first-round matchup.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 30
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10