Apr 14, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
This is why I can’t wait for the playoffs, more games like this.
Portland locked up the fifth seed in the West (and a likely date with Houston) with a 119-117 overtime win. The game had everything — 47 points from Stephen Curry, LaMarcus Aldridge making plays, Wes Mathews making circus shots, Klay Thompson knocking down shots, and of course a step back three from Draymond Green to send the game into overtime. It was brilliant
Golden State had their chances (particularly thanks to Damian Lillard‘s odd chose to go early in the shot clock on the penultimate possession of the game), but Andre Iguodala missed a good look at a three to win it and Portland hangs
The Warriors seem destined to meet the Clippers in the first round — that will be the best series of any first-round matchup.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14