Apr 14, 2014, 8:44 AM EST
This is why I can’t wait for the playoffs, more games like this.
Portland locked up the fifth seed in the West (and a likely date with Houston) with a 119-117 overtime win. The game had everything — 47 points from Stephen Curry, LaMarcus Aldridge making plays, Wes Mathews making circus shots, Klay Thompson knocking down shots, and of course a step back three from Draymond Green to send the game into overtime. It was brilliant
Golden State had their chances (particularly thanks to Damian Lillard‘s odd chose to go early in the shot clock on the penultimate possession of the game), but Andre Iguodala missed a good look at a three to win it and Portland hangs
The Warriors seem destined to meet the Clippers in the first round — that will be the best series of any first-round matchup.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 0
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 7
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 16
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30