Apr 14, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
This is why I can’t wait for the playoffs, more games like this.
Portland locked up the fifth seed in the West (and a likely date with Houston) with a 119-117 overtime win. The game had everything — 47 points from Stephen Curry, LaMarcus Aldridge making plays, Wes Mathews making circus shots, Klay Thompson knocking down shots, and of course a step back three from Draymond Green to send the game into overtime. It was brilliant
Golden State had their chances (particularly thanks to Damian Lillard‘s odd chose to go early in the shot clock on the penultimate possession of the game), but Andre Iguodala missed a good look at a three to win it and Portland hangs
The Warriors seem destined to meet the Clippers in the first round — that will be the best series of any first-round matchup.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 8
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34