Apr 14, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
This is why I can’t wait for the playoffs, more games like this.
Portland locked up the fifth seed in the West (and a likely date with Houston) with a 119-117 overtime win. The game had everything — 47 points from Stephen Curry, LaMarcus Aldridge making plays, Wes Mathews making circus shots, Klay Thompson knocking down shots, and of course a step back three from Draymond Green to send the game into overtime. It was brilliant
Golden State had their chances (particularly thanks to Damian Lillard‘s odd chose to go early in the shot clock on the penultimate possession of the game), but Andre Iguodala missed a good look at a three to win it and Portland hangs
The Warriors seem destined to meet the Clippers in the first round — that will be the best series of any first-round matchup.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6