Apr 14, 2014, 7:18 PM EST
If Miami wins out and Indiana stumbles on the road at Orlando on Wednesday night, the Heat can get the top seed in the East. It’s not exactly a likely scenario, but it could play out that way.
Heat coach Eric Spoestra decided rest matters more.
This almost looks like the Heat conceding the No. 1 slot, although they could still beat the Wizards. It’s really about what Wizards team shows up.
This is a break for a Wizards team that also needs a win — they are the six seed going into Monday night, one game ahead of Charlotte (and the Bobcats have the tiebreaker). Washington wants to avoid falling to the seven seed and drawing a fully healthy and focused Miami in the first round. If the Wizards win out, they get the six seed (meaning likely Toronto or maybe Chicago in the first round).
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 3
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 14
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 17
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17