Apr 14, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
On Feb. 25, DeMarcus Cousins drew two technical fouls for this tirade:
That put him at 15 technicals for the season, one away from a one-game suspension and $5,000 fine. (Cousins has already been fined $45,000 for his first 15 technicals.)
Incredibly, Cousins has avoided No. 16 – until now.
Cousins received another technical in the Kings win over the Timberwolves last night (at 1:24 mark):
The NBA will review the call, and if it stands, Cousins will miss the Kings’ finale against Phoenix on Wednesday.
The Suns could already be eliminated from the playoff race by then, and if they are, I don’t really care whether or not Cousins plays. But they’re playing for a potential postseason spot, I absolutely want the league’s top villain – and Sacramento’s top player – on the court trying to play spoiler.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 0
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 11
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 12
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 10
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11