Apr 14, 2014, 1:35 PM EDT
On Feb. 25, DeMarcus Cousins drew two technical fouls for this tirade:
That put him at 15 technicals for the season, one away from a one-game suspension and $5,000 fine. (Cousins has already been fined $45,000 for his first 15 technicals.)
Incredibly, Cousins has avoided No. 16 – until now.
Cousins received another technical in the Kings win over the Timberwolves last night (at 1:24 mark):
The NBA will review the call, and if it stands, Cousins will miss the Kings’ finale against Phoenix on Wednesday.
The Suns could already be eliminated from the playoff race by then, and if they are, I don’t really care whether or not Cousins plays. But they’re playing for a potential postseason spot, I absolutely want the league’s top villain – and Sacramento’s top player – on the court trying to play spoiler.
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 8
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 5
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3