Apr 14, 2014, 1:35 PM EST
On Feb. 25, DeMarcus Cousins drew two technical fouls for this tirade:
That put him at 15 technicals for the season, one away from a one-game suspension and $5,000 fine. (Cousins has already been fined $45,000 for his first 15 technicals.)
Incredibly, Cousins has avoided No. 16 – until now.
Cousins received another technical in the Kings win over the Timberwolves last night (at 1:24 mark):
The NBA will review the call, and if it stands, Cousins will miss the Kings’ finale against Phoenix on Wednesday.
The Suns could already be eliminated from the playoff race by then, and if they are, I don’t really care whether or not Cousins plays. But they’re playing for a potential postseason spot, I absolutely want the league’s top villain – and Sacramento’s top player – on the court trying to play spoiler.
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 10
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 17
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 11
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 19