Apr 14, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
I don’t think this deserved a double ejection, maybe not even a double technical. The referees didn’t see it that way — New Orleans’ Austin Rivers and Oklahoma City’s Nick Collison were ejected for the above incident.
With a little more than 8 minutes left in the second quarter Collison ran down court and set a screen on Rivers (one that went unused) and Rivers took exception to it for some reason and shoved Collison. He took exception to a good pick, I guess.
Then as they came down the court Rivers jumped on Collison and started shoving him. They were quickly separated. Nothing much happened.
But because it went from one end of the court to the other, because it carried over, the referees went for the ejection.
Let’s hope when the playoffs get rolling and we see more emotions from players the referees let them show that a little and don’t over-react.
We will see if the league overturns these. If they don’t there will be fines and/or suspensions to come.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 5
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 5
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 7
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 18
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31