Apr 14, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
I don’t think this deserved a double ejection, maybe not even a double technical. The referees didn’t see it that way — New Orleans’ Austin Rivers and Oklahoma City’s Nick Collison were ejected for the above incident.
With a little more than 8 minutes left in the second quarter Collison ran down court and set a screen on Rivers (one that went unused) and Rivers took exception to it for some reason and shoved Collison. He took exception to a good pick, I guess.
Then as they came down the court Rivers jumped on Collison and started shoving him. They were quickly separated. Nothing much happened.
But because it went from one end of the court to the other, because it carried over, the referees went for the ejection.
Let’s hope when the playoffs get rolling and we see more emotions from players the referees let them show that a little and don’t over-react.
We will see if the league overturns these. If they don’t there will be fines and/or suspensions to come.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 19
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 7
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 34
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2