Apr 14, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
I don’t think this deserved a double ejection, maybe not even a double technical. The referees didn’t see it that way — New Orleans’ Austin Rivers and Oklahoma City’s Nick Collison were ejected for the above incident.
With a little more than 8 minutes left in the second quarter Collison ran down court and set a screen on Rivers (one that went unused) and Rivers took exception to it for some reason and shoved Collison. He took exception to a good pick, I guess.
Then as they came down the court Rivers jumped on Collison and started shoving him. They were quickly separated. Nothing much happened.
But because it went from one end of the court to the other, because it carried over, the referees went for the ejection.
Let’s hope when the playoffs get rolling and we see more emotions from players the referees let them show that a little and don’t over-react.
We will see if the league overturns these. If they don’t there will be fines and/or suspensions to come.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 0
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 17
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49