Apr 14, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
I don’t think this deserved a double ejection, maybe not even a double technical. The referees didn’t see it that way — New Orleans’ Austin Rivers and Oklahoma City’s Nick Collison were ejected for the above incident.
With a little more than 8 minutes left in the second quarter Collison ran down court and set a screen on Rivers (one that went unused) and Rivers took exception to it for some reason and shoved Collison. He took exception to a good pick, I guess.
Then as they came down the court Rivers jumped on Collison and started shoving him. They were quickly separated. Nothing much happened.
But because it went from one end of the court to the other, because it carried over, the referees went for the ejection.
Let’s hope when the playoffs get rolling and we see more emotions from players the referees let them show that a little and don’t over-react.
We will see if the league overturns these. If they don’t there will be fines and/or suspensions to come.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 12
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16