Apr 14, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
I don’t think this deserved a double ejection, maybe not even a double technical. The referees didn’t see it that way — New Orleans’ Austin Rivers and Oklahoma City’s Nick Collison were ejected for the above incident.
With a little more than 8 minutes left in the second quarter Collison ran down court and set a screen on Rivers (one that went unused) and Rivers took exception to it for some reason and shoved Collison. He took exception to a good pick, I guess.
Then as they came down the court Rivers jumped on Collison and started shoving him. They were quickly separated. Nothing much happened.
But because it went from one end of the court to the other, because it carried over, the referees went for the ejection.
Let’s hope when the playoffs get rolling and we see more emotions from players the referees let them show that a little and don’t over-react.
We will see if the league overturns these. If they don’t there will be fines and/or suspensions to come.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 8
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11