Apr 13, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
This probably should have been an ejection.
In the third quarter of Sunday’s contest between the Thunder and the Pacers, Serge Ibaka committed an obvious foul by shoving C.J. Watson out of bounds. The referee whistled him for it, and for some reason, Ibaka appeared to snap.
He walked quickly toward the official and yelled something right in his face, as Kevin Durant tried to hold him back before yanking him away.
The official did a nice job of keeping his composure while giving Ibaka just a single technical foul for his action, but it was a pretty aggressive display. If Ibaka should face a fine from the league office in the coming days, it wouldn’t at all be a surprise.
[via Anthony Slater]
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 0
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13