Apr 13, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
This probably should have been an ejection.
In the third quarter of Sunday’s contest between the Thunder and the Pacers, Serge Ibaka committed an obvious foul by shoving C.J. Watson out of bounds. The referee whistled him for it, and for some reason, Ibaka appeared to snap.
He walked quickly toward the official and yelled something right in his face, as Kevin Durant tried to hold him back before yanking him away.
The official did a nice job of keeping his composure while giving Ibaka just a single technical foul for his action, but it was a pretty aggressive display. If Ibaka should face a fine from the league office in the coming days, it wouldn’t at all be a surprise.
[via Anthony Slater]
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 43
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 55
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 17
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10