Apr 13, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Eric Bledsoe had beaten his defender, and despite the awkward shot attempt, it appeared as though the ball had the trajectory to get into the basket. Wright came over and got a piece of it with his finger tips, saving Dallas from dealing with what would have been a one-point game with a little more than 12 seconds left.
Phoenix will need help now to make the postseason, which is an even more painful proposition considering how many chances they had down the stretch. Bledsoe missed a free throw to tie with under a minute remaining. Gerald Green missed an ill-advised shot in transition with 25.4 seconds left, and the Suns held Dallas without a field goal over the game’s final 2:25.
Too many missed opportunities, however — and a stellar defensive play from Wright — ultimately were the difference.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 15
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 44
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 53
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11