Apr 13, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Eric Bledsoe had beaten his defender, and despite the awkward shot attempt, it appeared as though the ball had the trajectory to get into the basket. Wright came over and got a piece of it with his finger tips, saving Dallas from dealing with what would have been a one-point game with a little more than 12 seconds left.
Phoenix will need help now to make the postseason, which is an even more painful proposition considering how many chances they had down the stretch. Bledsoe missed a free throw to tie with under a minute remaining. Gerald Green missed an ill-advised shot in transition with 25.4 seconds left, and the Suns held Dallas without a field goal over the game’s final 2:25.
Too many missed opportunities, however — and a stellar defensive play from Wright — ultimately were the difference.
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 9
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 14
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 18
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 6
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32