Apr 13, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Eric Bledsoe had beaten his defender, and despite the awkward shot attempt, it appeared as though the ball had the trajectory to get into the basket. Wright came over and got a piece of it with his finger tips, saving Dallas from dealing with what would have been a one-point game with a little more than 12 seconds left.
Phoenix will need help now to make the postseason, which is an even more painful proposition considering how many chances they had down the stretch. Bledsoe missed a free throw to tie with under a minute remaining. Gerald Green missed an ill-advised shot in transition with 25.4 seconds left, and the Suns held Dallas without a field goal over the game’s final 2:25.
Too many missed opportunities, however — and a stellar defensive play from Wright — ultimately were the difference.
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61