Apr 13, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Eric Bledsoe had beaten his defender, and despite the awkward shot attempt, it appeared as though the ball had the trajectory to get into the basket. Wright came over and got a piece of it with his finger tips, saving Dallas from dealing with what would have been a one-point game with a little more than 12 seconds left.
Phoenix will need help now to make the postseason, which is an even more painful proposition considering how many chances they had down the stretch. Bledsoe missed a free throw to tie with under a minute remaining. Gerald Green missed an ill-advised shot in transition with 25.4 seconds left, and the Suns held Dallas without a field goal over the game’s final 2:25.
Too many missed opportunities, however — and a stellar defensive play from Wright — ultimately were the difference.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6