Apr 12, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Ben McLemore had scored all 14 of his points in the third quarter in Saturday’s matinee against the Clippers, and helped rally his team back from an early 14 deficit to once again bring the game within reach.
But early in the fourth, McLemore let frustration get the better of him, and his actions resulted in an ejection.
J.J. Redick begins the sequence by putting his hands on McLemore behind the three-point line, and well away from the ball. He maintains the contact as McLemore cuts to the other side, and after battling for position, the two appeared to literally bump heads, which was the final straw for McLemore.
McLemore shoved Redick to the face (albeit only slightly), but it was his second technical foul of the game, and referee Joey Crawford made sure that he knew immediately that his afternoon was finished.
The Clippers went on to win 117-101.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4