Apr 12, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Ben McLemore had scored all 14 of his points in the third quarter in Saturday’s matinee against the Clippers, and helped rally his team back from an early 14 deficit to once again bring the game within reach.
But early in the fourth, McLemore let frustration get the better of him, and his actions resulted in an ejection.
J.J. Redick begins the sequence by putting his hands on McLemore behind the three-point line, and well away from the ball. He maintains the contact as McLemore cuts to the other side, and after battling for position, the two appeared to literally bump heads, which was the final straw for McLemore.
McLemore shoved Redick to the face (albeit only slightly), but it was his second technical foul of the game, and referee Joey Crawford made sure that he knew immediately that his afternoon was finished.
The Clippers went on to win 117-101.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 1
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29