Apr 12, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Ben McLemore had scored all 14 of his points in the third quarter in Saturday’s matinee against the Clippers, and helped rally his team back from an early 14 deficit to once again bring the game within reach.
But early in the fourth, McLemore let frustration get the better of him, and his actions resulted in an ejection.
J.J. Redick begins the sequence by putting his hands on McLemore behind the three-point line, and well away from the ball. He maintains the contact as McLemore cuts to the other side, and after battling for position, the two appeared to literally bump heads, which was the final straw for McLemore.
McLemore shoved Redick to the face (albeit only slightly), but it was his second technical foul of the game, and referee Joey Crawford made sure that he knew immediately that his afternoon was finished.
The Clippers went on to win 117-101.
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 0
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 33
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 17
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11