Apr 12, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Ben McLemore had scored all 14 of his points in the third quarter in Saturday’s matinee against the Clippers, and helped rally his team back from an early 14 deficit to once again bring the game within reach.
But early in the fourth, McLemore let frustration get the better of him, and his actions resulted in an ejection.
J.J. Redick begins the sequence by putting his hands on McLemore behind the three-point line, and well away from the ball. He maintains the contact as McLemore cuts to the other side, and after battling for position, the two appeared to literally bump heads, which was the final straw for McLemore.
McLemore shoved Redick to the face (albeit only slightly), but it was his second technical foul of the game, and referee Joey Crawford made sure that he knew immediately that his afternoon was finished.
The Clippers went on to win 117-101.
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 0
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 17
- Chris Paul banks in game winner to lift Clippers past Spurs (VIDEO) 25
- Report: Bulls’ Mike Dunleavy won’t be suspended for Game 1 against Cavaliers 22
- PBT Extra: Can Clippers build on Game 6 win? 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Derrick Rose got it done on both ends in first round 2
- Hawks eliminate Nets from playoffs with blowout victory in Game 6 9
- PBT Extra: Clash of styles favors Warriors over Grizzlies 4