Apr 11, 2014, 9:47 PM EDT
Paul Pierce became the 18th player in NBA history to score at least 25,000 career points after draining this three-pointer with 3:10 remaining in the first half of Friday’s contest against the Hawks.
Next up on the all-time list is Jerry West, who Pierce will pass sometime next season after logging in the neighborhood of an additional 190 points.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 16
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4