Apr 11, 2014, 11:18 AM EDT
Dwyane Wade has played only one of the Heat’s last 11 games – against the Pacers on March 26.
When Miami and Indiana meet, it’s all hands on deck. Even when Frank Vogel announced the Pacers’ starters would sit against Milwaukee, he left no doubt they’d return for the Heat game tonight.
So, it’s telling Wade is out for the fourth matchup between the Eastern Conference favorites. (Yes, Indiana still qualifies.)
Brian Windhorst of ESPN:
Indiana (54-25) leads Miami (53-25) by a half game and holds a 2-1 edge in the season series. If the Pacers win tonight, they’re in excellent shape to secure the No. 1 seed and homecourt advantage until the NBA Finals.
The Heat, surely, would prefer to hold that advantage for themselves. But if they can’t get Wade healthy, it doesn’t really matter. They’ll have a hard time threepeating without him.
So, if sitting Wade tonight makes it more likely he’s healthy for the playoffs, Miami will do it.
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 0
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 2
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 31
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 32
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39