Apr 10, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
What do you do when your 6-foot-8 small forward is sick while you’re taking your team photo?
You bring in the 6-foot-6 man working for the WNBA team that shares the same building.
With Trevor Ariza battling the flu, the Washington Wizards slapped a No. 1 jersey on Washington Mystics Player Personnel Manager Awvee Storey (who played for the Wizards eight years ago) and put him in the photo (hat tip: Ben Standig of CSN Washington).
I’m genuinely interested to see the degree to which the Wizards Photoshop the picture. Are they just going to put Ariza’s head on Storey’s body? Something more complex?
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23