Apr 10, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
What do you do when your 6-foot-8 small forward is sick while you’re taking your team photo?
You bring in the 6-foot-6 man working for the WNBA team that shares the same building.
With Trevor Ariza battling the flu, the Washington Wizards slapped a No. 1 jersey on Washington Mystics Player Personnel Manager Awvee Storey (who played for the Wizards eight years ago) and put him in the photo (hat tip: Ben Standig of CSN Washington).
I’m genuinely interested to see the degree to which the Wizards Photoshop the picture. Are they just going to put Ariza’s head on Storey’s body? Something more complex?
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 1
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 9
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30