Apr 10, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
What do you do when your 6-foot-8 small forward is sick while you’re taking your team photo?
You bring in the 6-foot-6 man working for the WNBA team that shares the same building.
With Trevor Ariza battling the flu, the Washington Wizards slapped a No. 1 jersey on Washington Mystics Player Personnel Manager Awvee Storey (who played for the Wizards eight years ago) and put him in the photo (hat tip: Ben Standig of CSN Washington).
I’m genuinely interested to see the degree to which the Wizards Photoshop the picture. Are they just going to put Ariza’s head on Storey’s body? Something more complex?
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 7
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 13
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 79
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5