Apr 9, 2014, 11:46 PM EDT
Chris Copeland had appeared in just 37 games for the Pacers coming into Wednesday night’s contest against the league-worst Bucks, and had averaged just 5.7 minutes per contest.
But when you decide to rest all five starters in a desperate attempt to get right before the playoffs, other guys will obviously get the chance to step up and produce.
Copeland did exactly that, pouring in 18 points off the bench in just 17 minutes of action, including this tough game-winner with 1.2 seconds remaining that helped his head coach’s strategy pay off — but just barely.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24