Nerlens Noel talks comeback effort, his “4-4-14″ tweet

Apr 8, 2014, 5:02 PM EDT

Nerlens Noel wants to play. Badly. He even tweeted about it.

Not surprisingly, the Sixers are forcing him to take things slow.

For the first time since October Noel spoke with the media on Tuesday (as you can see from the video above). Among the things he said was that he has added 8-10 pounds of weight and has increased his vertical leap by three inches. The Sixers also have been retooling his jump shot, something we are not going to get to see until Summer League.

Here are a few highlights, courtesy Dei Lynam of CSNPhilly.com.

• Regarding 4-4-14 tweet: “It was a goal of mine to be able to come back and be cleared to play by the Sixers by then, but I was not, and that’s that.”

• His wanting to play: “Obviously, I do want to play,” Noel said. “A 19-year-old wants to get out there. I want to show my abilities, just be able to play ball. It has been tough, but it is something I had to do. I definitely look forward to playing. Sam Hinkie is a great GM. He put me in this position to play for Philadelphia. I understand the risk/reward, but I am very eager and because of my competitiveness, I really want to play basketball again.”

Latest Posts
  1. Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments

Jul 29, 2015, 12:05 AM EDT

Celebrities At Game 3 Of The Lakers/Suns Getty Images

Cuban said presidential candidate is ‘probably the best thing to happen to politics in a long, long time’

2. Report: Warriors to sign Ian Clark

Jul 28, 2015, 11:09 PM EDT

Denver Nuggets v Golden State Warriors Getty Images

Could former summer-league standout fill Golden State’s need for an off-the-bench shooter?

3. Mavericks sign Jamil Wilson, Brandon Ashley

Jul 28, 2015, 9:16 PM EDT

Washington Wizards vs New Orleans Pelicans Getty Images

Dallas also reportedly talking to Salah Mejri

4. Report: Serge Ibaka not yet cleared to play after March surgery

Jul 28, 2015, 8:19 PM EDT

"Son Of The Congo" - 2015 SXSW Music, Film + Interactive Festival Getty Images

Thunder power forward was scheduled to play in African exhibition game

5. Heat sign Josh Richardson

Jul 28, 2015, 7:24 PM EDT

Josh Richardson, Spencer Dinwiddle AP

Miami cleared roster room for second-round pick

6. Nicolas Batum responds to Toronto rumor in hysterical fashion

Jul 28, 2015, 6:30 PM EDT

Denver Nuggets v Portland Trail Blazers Getty Images

I can tell you where Batum will land next summer — whichever team offers him the most money.

7. Report: Knicks, Lakers, Wizards still interested in Kevin Seraphin

Jul 28, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT

Washington Wizards v Charlotte Hornets Getty Images

The Lakers and Knicks don’t make a ton of sense for him.

8. Former NBA All-Star Vin Baker training to be Starbucks manager

Jul 28, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT

Vin Baker AP

He’s been sober four years, which is most important.

9. Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick

Jul 28, 2015, 2:46 PM EDT

Michael Jordan Michael Jordan

Did Michael Jordan hijack the draft process in Charlotte again?

10. Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign

Jul 28, 2015, 1:54 PM EDT

Scott Walker Scott Walker

Walker is expected to sign the bill to allocate funds for a new arena.

11. Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov: “We had a really good offseason.”

Jul 28, 2015, 1:32 PM EDT

Mikhail Prokhorov Mikhail Prokhorov

The Nets added solid role players in addition to re-signing Brook Lopez and Thaddeus Young.

12. Report: Clippers center Ekpe Udoh signs one-year deal in Turkey

Jul 28, 2015, 1:20 PM EDT

Ekpe Udoh Ekpe Udoh

Udoh played five seasons with the Warriors, Bucks and Clippers.

13. Matt Barnes on Serge Ibaka: “He’s just dirty.”

Jul 28, 2015, 12:59 PM EDT

Serge Ibaka, Jeff Green Serge Ibaka, Jeff Green

Barnes hasn’t forgotten Ibaka’s altercations with Blake Griffin.

14. Karl-Anthony Towns: I want Kevin Garnett to teach me “how to be a champion”

Jul 28, 2015, 12:54 PM EDT

Cleveland Cavaliers v Minnesota Timberwolves Getty Images

Garnett came out to Summer League practices to work with Towns.

15. Mason Plumlee rapping? Yes, Mason Plumlee rapping. (VIDEO)

Jul 28, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT

Brooklyn Nets v Detroit Pistons Getty Images

Mason Plumlee with a money gun shooting $100s.

Top 10 NBA Player Searches