Apr 8, 2014, 5:02 PM EDT
Nerlens Noel wants to play. Badly. He even tweeted about it.
Not surprisingly, the Sixers are forcing him to take things slow.
For the first time since October Noel spoke with the media on Tuesday (as you can see from the video above). Among the things he said was that he has added 8-10 pounds of weight and has increased his vertical leap by three inches. The Sixers also have been retooling his jump shot, something we are not going to get to see until Summer League.
• Regarding 4-4-14 tweet: “It was a goal of mine to be able to come back and be cleared to play by the Sixers by then, but I was not, and that’s that.”
• His wanting to play: “Obviously, I do want to play,” Noel said. “A 19-year-old wants to get out there. I want to show my abilities, just be able to play ball. It has been tough, but it is something I had to do. I definitely look forward to playing. Sam Hinkie is a great GM. He put me in this position to play for Philadelphia. I understand the risk/reward, but I am very eager and because of my competitiveness, I really want to play basketball again.”
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 5
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 18
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 53
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65