Apr 8, 2014, 11:44 PM EDT
Down one with the game on the line Miami got the chance to score in transition after a Joe Johnson missed three (the Nets won in part because of a great iso-Joe play on LeBron not long before). Ray Allen got the rebound, gave the ball to LeBron James, who saw Rashard Lewis fill the lane on the break and cut to the basket like a textbook. LeBron hit Lewis with a pass, Lewis went to the basket and drew three Nets defenders, so he passed out to LeBron who went up for the dunk and…
Plumlee rejected him.
That was a good no call by the refs. I know LeBron (and Heat fans) expect him to get that call at home with the game on the line, but the referees made the right call.
First off, Plumlee got ball first and any contact with the hand or wrist after that was incidental and did not impact the shot, this was not like hitting a guy shooting a jumper. Remember that when the ball is in your hand then the hand is considered part of the ball if there is contact with it. As for Plumlee’s off-hand making contact with LeBron, this is from an official NBA page on rule interpretation:
Inside the lower defensive box, a defender may use an extended forearm at anytime to maintain his position against a payer with the ball. At no time may the forearm be used to dislodge, reroute or impede the offensive player.
It was a good block, and the Nets win 88-87 to sweep the season series.
Nets fans, don’t for a second think that sweep means you will beat the Heat in a seven game series, the playoffs are a different animal than the regular season. But enjoy the win. And the block.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11