Apr 8, 2014, 11:44 PM EDT
Down one with the game on the line Miami got the chance to score in transition after a Joe Johnson missed three (the Nets won in part because of a great iso-Joe play on LeBron not long before). Ray Allen got the rebound, gave the ball to LeBron James, who saw Rashard Lewis fill the lane on the break and cut to the basket like a textbook. LeBron hit Lewis with a pass, Lewis went to the basket and drew three Nets defenders, so he passed out to LeBron who went up for the dunk and…
Plumlee rejected him.
That was a good no call by the refs. I know LeBron (and Heat fans) expect him to get that call at home with the game on the line, but the referees made the right call.
First off, Plumlee got ball first and any contact with the hand or wrist after that was incidental and did not impact the shot, this was not like hitting a guy shooting a jumper. Remember that when the ball is in your hand then the hand is considered part of the ball if there is contact with it. As for Plumlee’s off-hand making contact with LeBron, this is from an official NBA page on rule interpretation:
Inside the lower defensive box, a defender may use an extended forearm at anytime to maintain his position against a payer with the ball. At no time may the forearm be used to dislodge, reroute or impede the offensive player.
It was a good block, and the Nets win 88-87 to sweep the season series.
Nets fans, don’t for a second think that sweep means you will beat the Heat in a seven game series, the playoffs are a different animal than the regular season. But enjoy the win. And the block.
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 5
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 30
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 9
- Clippers put on offensive showcase, take Game 1 vs. Spurs 10
- Grizzlies overpower Blazers for commanding series-opening win 7