Apr 8, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
Polish is a tough language for most of us to learn (it’s not one of the Romantic languages that flowed out of Latin so we Americans tend to be unfamiliar with its base words).
Marcin Gortat — the Polish Hammer — wants to help out and enlisted some of his Wizards teammates in this video produced by the team. Which is pretty classic.
This weekend the Wizards will host a Polish Heritage night where Gortat will be front and center. I guess that means Pierogi for everyone.
Hat tip to Lang Whitaker at NBA.com’s All Ball blog, who is no doubt fluent in Polish and six other languages.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 2
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1