Apr 8, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
Polish is a tough language for most of us to learn (it’s not one of the Romantic languages that flowed out of Latin so we Americans tend to be unfamiliar with its base words).
Marcin Gortat — the Polish Hammer — wants to help out and enlisted some of his Wizards teammates in this video produced by the team. Which is pretty classic.
This weekend the Wizards will host a Polish Heritage night where Gortat will be front and center. I guess that means Pierogi for everyone.
Hat tip to Lang Whitaker at NBA.com’s All Ball blog, who is no doubt fluent in Polish and six other languages.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 11
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 45
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11