Apr 8, 2014, 10:31 PM EST
Nowitzki is having himself an All-Star season that may very well end with him leading the Mavericks to the playoffs, but things have gone far worse for Nash since joining the Lakers last season.
Injuries have accumulated to the point where Nash is doing everything possible to simply finish out the final year of his contract in Los Angeles next season, and he’s been extremely forthcoming about his situation in a documentary series that’s appeared on the Grantland web site.
Just as Nash has been honest in the film, Nowitzki was honest in his assessment of it, and he clearly hates to see the way his friend’s stellar career is coming to a close.
From The Dallas Morning News:
Dallas Mavericks power forward Dirk Nowitzki appeared Monday on The Afternoon Show with Cowlishaw and Mosley on KESN-FM 103.3 to discuss the Mavericks, his college basketball interests, and his experiences in Dallas. Here are some highlights. …
“It’s actually a little depressing, and he’s brutally honest in it, which I think is great to see what athletes think, what they go through at the end.”
The only depressing part is seeing how badly Nash truly wants to get back to being able to play consistently, but isn’t able to due to his physical limitations.
It’s inspiring, actually, to see an athlete at the end of his career with so much money and so many accolades already earned who still has that level of passion for the game.
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 5
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 7
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 7
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 19
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 24
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13