Apr 8, 2014, 9:16 PM EST
The most famous quote ever attributed to Dikembe Mutombo has nothing to do with his basketball career, but has become an urban legend of sorts nonetheless — and with good reason.
It’s impossible to argue that the idea of Mutombo walking into a bar as a college student at Georgetown and yelling out in a deep, guttural, Cookie Monster-esque tone the phrase, “WHO WANTS TO SEX MUTOMBO?” isn’t hilarious.
But it seems to have never actually happened.
Mutombo seemed determined to set the record straight, and his disappointing dispelling of the story can be seen in the video clip above.
[via SB Nation]
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9