Apr 8, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT
The most famous quote ever attributed to Dikembe Mutombo has nothing to do with his basketball career, but has become an urban legend of sorts nonetheless — and with good reason.
It’s impossible to argue that the idea of Mutombo walking into a bar as a college student at Georgetown and yelling out in a deep, guttural, Cookie Monster-esque tone the phrase, “WHO WANTS TO SEX MUTOMBO?” isn’t hilarious.
But it seems to have never actually happened.
Mutombo seemed determined to set the record straight, and his disappointing dispelling of the story can be seen in the video clip above.
[via SB Nation]
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37