Apr 8, 2014, 10:27 AM EDT
The Atlanta Hawks’ Twitter has jokes, even without Deadspin running it.
Congrats to both UConn and Kentucky on a great game! Proof that 7 and 8 seeds can go all the way in basketball playoffs…—
Atlanta Hawks (@ATLHawks) April 08, 2014
Of course, Atlanta is in line to be the worst NBA playoff team this season. Kentucky, by seed at least, was a middling NCAA tournament team, and Connecticut would rate even better.
I don’t want to rain on the Hawks’ parade, though. They do that well enough themselves.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29