Apr 7, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
In the regular season the Spurs can keep racking up wins without Tony Parker. In the playoffs, not so much.
So this update about the health of the San Antonio point guard is good news to Spurs fans:
To answer your question, facet joints are small joints located between vertebrae (behind them) to help stabilize the vertebrae.
The Spurs play the desperate Dallas Mavericks Thursday, you can bet the Mavs will take all the help they can get.
Still, this result is good news for the Spurs.
And with them having the No. 1 seed all but locked up (they are 4.5 games ahead of the Thunder for the West, they are already guaranteed a better record than the Heat) there is no need to rush Parker back. He can be off all the way until the playoffs start and it will not matter.
With Parker the Spurs will set the bar in the playoffs — to win a title a team will need to be better than them. The Spurs are not coming back to the pack. The question is can the Thunder, Clippers or Heat clear that bar?
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 17
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 16
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 15
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 48
- NBA Opening Night Winners/Losers: Big nights for The Beard and The Brow 27