Apr 7, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
In the regular season the Spurs can keep racking up wins without Tony Parker. In the playoffs, not so much.
So this update about the health of the San Antonio point guard is good news to Spurs fans:
To answer your question, facet joints are small joints located between vertebrae (behind them) to help stabilize the vertebrae.
The Spurs play the desperate Dallas Mavericks Thursday, you can bet the Mavs will take all the help they can get.
Still, this result is good news for the Spurs.
And with them having the No. 1 seed all but locked up (they are 4.5 games ahead of the Thunder for the West, they are already guaranteed a better record than the Heat) there is no need to rush Parker back. He can be off all the way until the playoffs start and it will not matter.
With Parker the Spurs will set the bar in the playoffs — to win a title a team will need to be better than them. The Spurs are not coming back to the pack. The question is can the Thunder, Clippers or Heat clear that bar?
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 20
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 38
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85