Apr 7, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
In the regular season the Spurs can keep racking up wins without Tony Parker. In the playoffs, not so much.
So this update about the health of the San Antonio point guard is good news to Spurs fans:
To answer your question, facet joints are small joints located between vertebrae (behind them) to help stabilize the vertebrae.
The Spurs play the desperate Dallas Mavericks Thursday, you can bet the Mavs will take all the help they can get.
Still, this result is good news for the Spurs.
And with them having the No. 1 seed all but locked up (they are 4.5 games ahead of the Thunder for the West, they are already guaranteed a better record than the Heat) there is no need to rush Parker back. He can be off all the way until the playoffs start and it will not matter.
With Parker the Spurs will set the bar in the playoffs — to win a title a team will need to be better than them. The Spurs are not coming back to the pack. The question is can the Thunder, Clippers or Heat clear that bar?
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 16
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 26
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 29
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40