Apr 7, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Jonas Valanciunas has reportedly been charged with driving under the influence.
If true, it’s a black mark on the Raptors’ feel-good season. The 21-year-old Valanciunas can, and hopefully will, learn from this experience, but – again, if true – it’s still troubling he put other drivers on the road at risk.
We were made aware this morning of the incident involving Jonas Valanciunas and are disappointed he has put himself in this situation. We take this matter very seriously as we have the highest expectations for all members of our organization.
Valanciunas, a second-year center, is averaging 11.0 points and 8.6 rebounds per game. Toronto is on pace to claim the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference and will break a five-season playoff drought.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 19
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 7
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 34
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 24
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2