Apr 7, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Jonas Valanciunas has reportedly been charged with driving under the influence.
If true, it’s a black mark on the Raptors’ feel-good season. The 21-year-old Valanciunas can, and hopefully will, learn from this experience, but – again, if true – it’s still troubling he put other drivers on the road at risk.
We were made aware this morning of the incident involving Jonas Valanciunas and are disappointed he has put himself in this situation. We take this matter very seriously as we have the highest expectations for all members of our organization.
Valanciunas, a second-year center, is averaging 11.0 points and 8.6 rebounds per game. Toronto is on pace to claim the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference and will break a five-season playoff drought.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10