Apr 7, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Jonas Valanciunas has reportedly been charged with driving under the influence.
If true, it’s a black mark on the Raptors’ feel-good season. The 21-year-old Valanciunas can, and hopefully will, learn from this experience, but – again, if true – it’s still troubling he put other drivers on the road at risk.
We were made aware this morning of the incident involving Jonas Valanciunas and are disappointed he has put himself in this situation. We take this matter very seriously as we have the highest expectations for all members of our organization.
Valanciunas, a second-year center, is averaging 11.0 points and 8.6 rebounds per game. Toronto is on pace to claim the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference and will break a five-season playoff drought.
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 1
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 19
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 26
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14