Apr 7, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Jonas Valanciunas has reportedly been charged with driving under the influence.
If true, it’s a black mark on the Raptors’ feel-good season. The 21-year-old Valanciunas can, and hopefully will, learn from this experience, but – again, if true – it’s still troubling he put other drivers on the road at risk.
We were made aware this morning of the incident involving Jonas Valanciunas and are disappointed he has put himself in this situation. We take this matter very seriously as we have the highest expectations for all members of our organization.
Valanciunas, a second-year center, is averaging 11.0 points and 8.6 rebounds per game. Toronto is on pace to claim the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference and will break a five-season playoff drought.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70