Apr 7, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Jonas Valanciunas has reportedly been charged with driving under the influence.
If true, it’s a black mark on the Raptors’ feel-good season. The 21-year-old Valanciunas can, and hopefully will, learn from this experience, but – again, if true – it’s still troubling he put other drivers on the road at risk.
We were made aware this morning of the incident involving Jonas Valanciunas and are disappointed he has put himself in this situation. We take this matter very seriously as we have the highest expectations for all members of our organization.
Valanciunas, a second-year center, is averaging 11.0 points and 8.6 rebounds per game. Toronto is on pace to claim the No. 3 seed in the Eastern Conference and will break a five-season playoff drought.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38