Apr 6, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Irving showed once again why he’s a potential franchise cornerstone deserving of the max contract extension offer he will receive from Cleveland this summer, shooting 16-of-31 from the field and adding eight assists, seven rebounds and three steals to what was a stellar overall effort.
Irving’s teammates provided little help on this night, however, shooting a combined 19-of-65 as the Bobcats ended up with the 96-94 overtime victory, which clinched a playoff spot for the first time 2010.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 6
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17