Apr 6, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Irving showed once again why he’s a potential franchise cornerstone deserving of the max contract extension offer he will receive from Cleveland this summer, shooting 16-of-31 from the field and adding eight assists, seven rebounds and three steals to what was a stellar overall effort.
Irving’s teammates provided little help on this night, however, shooting a combined 19-of-65 as the Bobcats ended up with the 96-94 overtime victory, which clinched a playoff spot for the first time 2010.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29