Apr 6, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Irving showed once again why he’s a potential franchise cornerstone deserving of the max contract extension offer he will receive from Cleveland this summer, shooting 16-of-31 from the field and adding eight assists, seven rebounds and three steals to what was a stellar overall effort.
Irving’s teammates provided little help on this night, however, shooting a combined 19-of-65 as the Bobcats ended up with the 96-94 overtime victory, which clinched a playoff spot for the first time 2010.
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 0
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 16
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18