Apr 6, 2014, 12:25 AM EST
Nets head coach Jason Kidd maintained all along that whenever Kevin Garnett was ready to return, he would be reinserted into the lineup without hesitation.
Garnett made Kidd look like a genius on Saturday, as the veteran was done struggling with back spasms and returned to action against the Sixers, appearing to be anything but a step behind.
The minutes were limited, but Garnett exceeded his expectations for production in the time he had on the floor. Garnett finished with 10 points on 5-of-6 shooting, to go along with four rebounds, an assist, a steal and a blocked shot in just 13 minutes of action as Brooklyn held off the Sixers 105-101.
[via The Brooklyn Game]
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 58
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7