Apr 6, 2014, 12:25 AM EDT
Nets head coach Jason Kidd maintained all along that whenever Kevin Garnett was ready to return, he would be reinserted into the lineup without hesitation.
Garnett made Kidd look like a genius on Saturday, as the veteran was done struggling with back spasms and returned to action against the Sixers, appearing to be anything but a step behind.
The minutes were limited, but Garnett exceeded his expectations for production in the time he had on the floor. Garnett finished with 10 points on 5-of-6 shooting, to go along with four rebounds, an assist, a steal and a blocked shot in just 13 minutes of action as Brooklyn held off the Sixers 105-101.
[via The Brooklyn Game]
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 9
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 13
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 22
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 79
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5