Apr 6, 2014, 12:25 AM EDT
Nets head coach Jason Kidd maintained all along that whenever Kevin Garnett was ready to return, he would be reinserted into the lineup without hesitation.
Garnett made Kidd look like a genius on Saturday, as the veteran was done struggling with back spasms and returned to action against the Sixers, appearing to be anything but a step behind.
The minutes were limited, but Garnett exceeded his expectations for production in the time he had on the floor. Garnett finished with 10 points on 5-of-6 shooting, to go along with four rebounds, an assist, a steal and a blocked shot in just 13 minutes of action as Brooklyn held off the Sixers 105-101.
[via The Brooklyn Game]
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 76
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32