Apr 6, 2014, 12:25 AM EDT
Nets head coach Jason Kidd maintained all along that whenever Kevin Garnett was ready to return, he would be reinserted into the lineup without hesitation.
Garnett made Kidd look like a genius on Saturday, as the veteran was done struggling with back spasms and returned to action against the Sixers, appearing to be anything but a step behind.
The minutes were limited, but Garnett exceeded his expectations for production in the time he had on the floor. Garnett finished with 10 points on 5-of-6 shooting, to go along with four rebounds, an assist, a steal and a blocked shot in just 13 minutes of action as Brooklyn held off the Sixers 105-101.
[via The Brooklyn Game]
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13