Apr 5, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
A couple weeks back Warriors coach Mark Jackson had assistant coach Brian Scalabrine demoted in the organization, off his bench and to the Warriors’ D-League team in Santa Cruz.
Now another assistant coach — one with a lot of backers around the league who see him as an up and comer — has been let go by the Warriors.
Darren Erman was let go, but the Warriors say this is unrelated to basketball or Scalabrine, reports Monte Poole of CSNBayArea.com.
Warriors assistant Darren Erman has been dismissed. GM Bob Myers says its serious violation of company policy.—
Monte Poole (@MontePooleCSN) April 05, 2014
It is unclear at this time what the violation was.
Erman Had worked for four years in Boston before moving to the Warriors, and he is considered a Tom Thibodeau disciple. He was part of the reason Golden State’s defense is currently fourth in the NBA this season in fewest points allowed per possession. He coached the Warriors’ Summer League team. Erman is very well respected around the league.
Whatever the reasoning this is a couple of unsettling moves to the staff of a team about to enter the playoffs. Head coach Mark Jackson is already considered on shaky ground with the Warriors aggressive, win-now management team. This turmoil is not helping Jackson’s cause.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 9
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 19
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 5
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 47
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 36
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 15
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23