Apr 5, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
It’s not uncommon for teams to put together promotional campaigns hyping up their best players to media members for regular season awards.
It is a little odd, however, for one team to be asking that two of their players receive votes for the very same one.
For Howard, the team kept it simple by sticking to the Superman theme, complete with Clark Kent-style briefcase and glasses, along with the red cape featuring Howard’s logo.
Rockets putting on a full-court press for Dwight Howard’s MVP campaign – pic.twitter.com/RheiFp0omE
— Darnell Mayberry (@DarnellMayberry) April 3, 2014
As for Harden’s candidacy, the beard was an equally-easy target, so a grooming kit seemed like a fitting choice.
Neither Howard nor Harden has any real shot at the award, of course, considering that Kevin Durant is expected by most to already have it locked up, with LeBron James unquestionably being the one who will garner the most second-place votes.
It’s due diligence by the Rockets more than anything else, making sure their players know they’re appreciated enough internally to warrant the promotional effort.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6