Apr 5, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
It’s not uncommon for teams to put together promotional campaigns hyping up their best players to media members for regular season awards.
It is a little odd, however, for one team to be asking that two of their players receive votes for the very same one.
For Howard, the team kept it simple by sticking to the Superman theme, complete with Clark Kent-style briefcase and glasses, along with the red cape featuring Howard’s logo.
Rockets putting on a full-court press for Dwight Howard’s MVP campaign – pic.twitter.com/RheiFp0omE
— Darnell Mayberry (@DarnellMayberry) April 3, 2014
As for Harden’s candidacy, the beard was an equally-easy target, so a grooming kit seemed like a fitting choice.
Neither Howard nor Harden has any real shot at the award, of course, considering that Kevin Durant is expected by most to already have it locked up, with LeBron James unquestionably being the one who will garner the most second-place votes.
It’s due diligence by the Rockets more than anything else, making sure their players know they’re appreciated enough internally to warrant the promotional effort.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 45
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13