Apr 5, 2014, 3:37 AM EDT
No scorer since Michael Jordan has scored 25 or more points in 40 consecutive games like Kevin Durant did, not since Michael Jordan. KD tied that record with 28 points on 7-of-19 shooting in a game the Thunder lost to the Rockets Friday night (because James Harden went off for 39 points).
Durant is not necessarily better than the players listed above but what he does is put points on the board more easily and efficiently than them — he is the best pure scorer in the game today. He can take you off the dribble, score out of the post, can shoot off the bounce, can catch and shoot, and is just generally a force.
While Jordan has he modern record, the NBA record for most consecutive for most 25+ games is Wilt Chamberlain at 126.
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 8
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 42
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11