Apr 5, 2014, 3:37 AM EDT
No scorer since Michael Jordan has scored 25 or more points in 40 consecutive games like Kevin Durant did, not since Michael Jordan. KD tied that record with 28 points on 7-of-19 shooting in a game the Thunder lost to the Rockets Friday night (because James Harden went off for 39 points).
Durant is not necessarily better than the players listed above but what he does is put points on the board more easily and efficiently than them — he is the best pure scorer in the game today. He can take you off the dribble, score out of the post, can shoot off the bounce, can catch and shoot, and is just generally a force.
While Jordan has he modern record, the NBA record for most consecutive for most 25+ games is Wilt Chamberlain at 126.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5