Apr 5, 2014, 3:37 AM EDT
No scorer since Michael Jordan has scored 25 or more points in 40 consecutive games like Kevin Durant did, not since Michael Jordan. KD tied that record with 28 points on 7-of-19 shooting in a game the Thunder lost to the Rockets Friday night (because James Harden went off for 39 points).
Durant is not necessarily better than the players listed above but what he does is put points on the board more easily and efficiently than them — he is the best pure scorer in the game today. He can take you off the dribble, score out of the post, can shoot off the bounce, can catch and shoot, and is just generally a force.
While Jordan has he modern record, the NBA record for most consecutive for most 25+ games is Wilt Chamberlain at 126.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47