Apr 5, 2014, 3:37 AM EDT
No scorer since Michael Jordan has scored 25 or more points in 40 consecutive games like Kevin Durant did, not since Michael Jordan. KD tied that record with 28 points on 7-of-19 shooting in a game the Thunder lost to the Rockets Friday night (because James Harden went off for 39 points).
Durant is not necessarily better than the players listed above but what he does is put points on the board more easily and efficiently than them — he is the best pure scorer in the game today. He can take you off the dribble, score out of the post, can shoot off the bounce, can catch and shoot, and is just generally a force.
While Jordan has he modern record, the NBA record for most consecutive for most 25+ games is Wilt Chamberlain at 126.
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 10
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24