Apr 5, 2014, 3:37 AM EDT
No scorer since Michael Jordan has scored 25 or more points in 40 consecutive games like Kevin Durant did, not since Michael Jordan. KD tied that record with 28 points on 7-of-19 shooting in a game the Thunder lost to the Rockets Friday night (because James Harden went off for 39 points).
Durant is not necessarily better than the players listed above but what he does is put points on the board more easily and efficiently than them — he is the best pure scorer in the game today. He can take you off the dribble, score out of the post, can shoot off the bounce, can catch and shoot, and is just generally a force.
While Jordan has he modern record, the NBA record for most consecutive for most 25+ games is Wilt Chamberlain at 126.
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 15
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 39
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 22
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64