Apr 4, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
Thursday night, For the first time in months, Doc Rivers got to put the starting five out on the floor he wants to use out on the court together: Chris Paul, J.J. Redick (returned from his back injury), Matt Barnes, Blake Griffin D’Andre Jordan.
Problem was, the bench wasn’t near what he wanted.
Which may be the next time you see them, Doc Rivers said and Madelyn Burke of the Clippers reports.
The Clippers are likely going to be the three seed and likely will have a tough first round matchup with Golden State. Those have been intense games this season, the Clippers are going to need all hands on deck.
So if that means resting Crawford and Granger until it matters, you rest them. Doc’s been there before, he gets it.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32