Apr 4, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
Thursday night, For the first time in months, Doc Rivers got to put the starting five out on the floor he wants to use out on the court together: Chris Paul, J.J. Redick (returned from his back injury), Matt Barnes, Blake Griffin D’Andre Jordan.
Problem was, the bench wasn’t near what he wanted.
Which may be the next time you see them, Doc Rivers said and Madelyn Burke of the Clippers reports.
The Clippers are likely going to be the three seed and likely will have a tough first round matchup with Golden State. Those have been intense games this season, the Clippers are going to need all hands on deck.
So if that means resting Crawford and Granger until it matters, you rest them. Doc’s been there before, he gets it.
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 6
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 16
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8