Apr 4, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
Thursday night, For the first time in months, Doc Rivers got to put the starting five out on the floor he wants to use out on the court together: Chris Paul, J.J. Redick (returned from his back injury), Matt Barnes, Blake Griffin D’Andre Jordan.
Problem was, the bench wasn’t near what he wanted.
Which may be the next time you see them, Doc Rivers said and Madelyn Burke of the Clippers reports.
The Clippers are likely going to be the three seed and likely will have a tough first round matchup with Golden State. Those have been intense games this season, the Clippers are going to need all hands on deck.
So if that means resting Crawford and Granger until it matters, you rest them. Doc’s been there before, he gets it.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 42
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 88
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 57
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59