Apr 4, 2014, 8:44 AM EST
Thursday night, For the first time in months, Doc Rivers got to put the starting five out on the floor he wants to use out on the court together: Chris Paul, J.J. Redick (returned from his back injury), Matt Barnes, Blake Griffin D’Andre Jordan.
Problem was, the bench wasn’t near what he wanted.
Which may be the next time you see them, Doc Rivers said and Madelyn Burke of the Clippers reports.
The Clippers are likely going to be the three seed and likely will have a tough first round matchup with Golden State. Those have been intense games this season, the Clippers are going to need all hands on deck.
So if that means resting Crawford and Granger until it matters, you rest them. Doc’s been there before, he gets it.
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 0
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 1
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 0
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 4
- Did win over Lakers break Rockets out of their defensive slump? 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 24
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 9
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 33