Apr 4, 2014, 8:44 AM EDT
Thursday night, For the first time in months, Doc Rivers got to put the starting five out on the floor he wants to use out on the court together: Chris Paul, J.J. Redick (returned from his back injury), Matt Barnes, Blake Griffin D’Andre Jordan.
Problem was, the bench wasn’t near what he wanted.
Which may be the next time you see them, Doc Rivers said and Madelyn Burke of the Clippers reports.
The Clippers are likely going to be the three seed and likely will have a tough first round matchup with Golden State. Those have been intense games this season, the Clippers are going to need all hands on deck.
So if that means resting Crawford and Granger until it matters, you rest them. Doc’s been there before, he gets it.
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 23
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4