Throwback Thursday prompts NBA to give us top 10 plays of Jason Williams’ career (VIDEO)

Apr 3, 2014, 10:31 PM EST

Jason Williams played 12 NBA seasons, and won a championship with the Miami Heat in 2006. But he will always be known more for his flash than for his pure basketball prowess.

Using social media’s Throwback Thursday theme as an excuse, the fine folks at the league dropped a video featuring the top 10 plays of Williams’ career, and what’s perhaps most striking is just how many sick, jaw-dropping passes Williams was able to make that were all kinds of entertaining, while being delivered with a speed, accuracy and precision that few since him have been able to match.

1. savvybynature - Apr 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM

White Chocolate!

• asimonetti88 - Apr 4, 2014 at 10:36 AM

J-Will was so good and so much fun to watch, that even though he played for the Lakers’ arch-rival Kings I even loved this guy! He just went out and had fun, the way basketball should be!

2. lbroberts123 - Apr 3, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Jason Williams was awesome. Doesn’t get as much recognition as he should.

3. beach305 - Apr 3, 2014 at 11:02 PM

White chocolate

4. fanofthegame79 - Apr 3, 2014 at 11:20 PM

I had to call my wife over for that show. White Chocolate was amazing at times!

5. casualcommenter - Apr 4, 2014 at 12:03 AM

I love Gary Payton’s expression at the end.

THE GLOVE APPROVES!

• turkbox420 - Apr 4, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Lamar Odom was like “OOOOHHHH” too. lol. This guy was so awesome. Glad he got a ring and then a great opportunity in Orlando with D12 and VC.

6. midnite2020 - Apr 4, 2014 at 1:43 AM

I miss white chocolate I feel like the league didn’t want a white allen Iverson so they shut him down smothering his game jwill was a beast

7. pfic15 - Apr 4, 2014 at 9:08 AM

Still remember watching that Sonics game thinking…damn.

8. bougin89 - Apr 4, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Youtube the highlights of him throwing alley-oops to Randy Moss in high school. This guy just had a way of making basketball look awesome.

9. themagicfanguy - Apr 4, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Dude was awesome, even in his later years in Orlando he played quality ball.

10. norcalkingsfan - Apr 4, 2014 at 1:15 PM

I love how there are no negative votes on this whole page. Jason Williams is one the most entertaining athletes of all time. I put him tied with Vince Carter as most exciting player to watch, ever. He is the whole reason I started loving basketball. Miss me some J-Will!

11. sixerstrong - Apr 4, 2014 at 3:25 PM

#8 tho.

Jabari Parker injury latest for disappointing rookie class
Top 10 NBA Player Searches