Apr 3, 2014, 11:15 AM EST
Dudley is having the worst season of his career, and Matt Barnes has replaced him in the starting lineup. The Clippers are 26-8 (.765) when Barnes starts and 28-14 (.666) when Dudley starts. It seems that problem has been solved.
What about shooting guard? Redick has started all 30 games he’s played this season, but he’s missed the Clippers’ last 25 with a bulging disc in his back. In the meantime, Los Angeles has found success with Jamal Crawford or Darren Collison in his place.
It appears Redick won’t get Wally Pipped, though.
Rivers said there was a “75 percent” chance Redick would return Thursday and multiple team sources said the plan was for Redick to start against Dallas.
With Collison (274 minutes):
- Offensive rating: 115.6
- Defensive rating: 102.1
- Net rating: +13.5
With Crawford (265 minutes):
- Offensive rating: 118.4
- Defensive rating: 97.1
- Net rating: 21.3
With Redick (23 minutes):
- Offensive rating: 114.9
- Defensive rating: 93.8
- Net rating: +21.1
It seems starting Redick is the best call. He’s the most effective 3-point shooter of the bunch, and Crawford’s and Collison’s creating skills go better with the second unit – or at least when one of Paul or Griffin sits.
As long as Redick returns soon, the Clippers will have a little time before the playoffs to test the lineup.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 30