Apr 3, 2014, 9:15 AM EDT
It was this kind of night for the Pacers.
With just more than three minutes left and the Pacers up one on the Pistons Wednesday, Roy Hibbert missed a shot inside, one that hit the rim so the 24 second clock should have reset, then Hibbert tipped the ball back out top to Paul George… except the clock never reset. So George had to take a ridiculously long three, which he did casually.
And drained it.
(George said after the game they reset the clock as he was shooting.)
The Pacers offense clicked for a night — sure, against the team that lost to the Sixers, but you take what you can get when you’re the Pacers right now — and won 101-97. George had 27 points on 9-of-19 shooting.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 10
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32