Apr 3, 2014, 7:56 PM EDT
But much like the “for your consideration” campaigns studios undertake to get their movies an Oscar nomination (or an actual Oscar), near the end of the season teams will run campaigns to promote their star player that they believe should make the cut.
The Bobcats are doing that with Al Jefferson — and it’s pretty clever.
Check out kit the Bobcats are sending to media members voting on the All-NBA Teams — the Big Al’s Paint starter kits. (The Bobcats posted all this on twitter.) It’s a great tie-in with the post game of Al Jefferson, who is averaging 21.6 points a game, has taken 59.6 percent of his shots in the paint and shot 59.2 percent on those shots.
There’s the paint can with Jefferson’s face on the lid, a paint brush, and the paint swatches are a nice touch.
And there is a matching Web site.
Good work, Bobcats PR. Jefferson missed out on the All-Star Game and was probably the biggest snub out of the East. After a 20 and 10 year leading the Bobcats to the playoffs, he deserves legit consideration for the All-NBA Teams.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6