Apr 3, 2014, 7:56 PM EDT
But much like the “for your consideration” campaigns studios undertake to get their movies an Oscar nomination (or an actual Oscar), near the end of the season teams will run campaigns to promote their star player that they believe should make the cut.
The Bobcats are doing that with Al Jefferson — and it’s pretty clever.
Check out kit the Bobcats are sending to media members voting on the All-NBA Teams — the Big Al’s Paint starter kits. (The Bobcats posted all this on twitter.) It’s a great tie-in with the post game of Al Jefferson, who is averaging 21.6 points a game, has taken 59.6 percent of his shots in the paint and shot 59.2 percent on those shots.
There’s the paint can with Jefferson’s face on the lid, a paint brush, and the paint swatches are a nice touch.
And there is a matching Web site.
Good work, Bobcats PR. Jefferson missed out on the All-Star Game and was probably the biggest snub out of the East. After a 20 and 10 year leading the Bobcats to the playoffs, he deserves legit consideration for the All-NBA Teams.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8