Apr 3, 2014, 7:56 PM EDT
But much like the “for your consideration” campaigns studios undertake to get their movies an Oscar nomination (or an actual Oscar), near the end of the season teams will run campaigns to promote their star player that they believe should make the cut.
The Bobcats are doing that with Al Jefferson — and it’s pretty clever.
Check out kit the Bobcats are sending to media members voting on the All-NBA Teams — the Big Al’s Paint starter kits. (The Bobcats posted all this on twitter.) It’s a great tie-in with the post game of Al Jefferson, who is averaging 21.6 points a game, has taken 59.6 percent of his shots in the paint and shot 59.2 percent on those shots.
There’s the paint can with Jefferson’s face on the lid, a paint brush, and the paint swatches are a nice touch.
And there is a matching Web site.
Good work, Bobcats PR. Jefferson missed out on the All-Star Game and was probably the biggest snub out of the East. After a 20 and 10 year leading the Bobcats to the playoffs, he deserves legit consideration for the All-NBA Teams.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 27
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16