Apr 3, 2014, 7:56 PM EDT
But much like the “for your consideration” campaigns studios undertake to get their movies an Oscar nomination (or an actual Oscar), near the end of the season teams will run campaigns to promote their star player that they believe should make the cut.
The Bobcats are doing that with Al Jefferson — and it’s pretty clever.
Check out kit the Bobcats are sending to media members voting on the All-NBA Teams — the Big Al’s Paint starter kits. (The Bobcats posted all this on twitter.) It’s a great tie-in with the post game of Al Jefferson, who is averaging 21.6 points a game, has taken 59.6 percent of his shots in the paint and shot 59.2 percent on those shots.
There’s the paint can with Jefferson’s face on the lid, a paint brush, and the paint swatches are a nice touch.
And there is a matching Web site.
Good work, Bobcats PR. Jefferson missed out on the All-Star Game and was probably the biggest snub out of the East. After a 20 and 10 year leading the Bobcats to the playoffs, he deserves legit consideration for the All-NBA Teams.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18